• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

NON DRILLED SIPHON IDEAS FOR SYSTEM

clearsky5

CCA Members
I have a group of 12 tanks on racks (4x 30 breeders, 4x 40 breeders, 4x 50 breeders) the 30's are on the top shelf, 40's in middle, 50's on bottom.
I have matten filters in all 12 tanks, along with sponge filters, and HOB's on a few of the tanks.
I try semi religiously to do regular water changes, but as the tanks are not drilled, i have had to "hand" siphon each tank individually, and then fill accordingly.
I would like to try to build a siphon system to be able to siphon at least all four tanks on each row simultaneously.
I have many ideas on building rigid pvc siphons that would hang on the tanks (in front)
so now, not being a physics major, I am a bit confused as to how I can set up these siphons so that they will all draw water from the tanks at the same time.

So who has ideas for me.... I'm sure this isn't the first time its been accomplished.

dogofwar

CCA Members
There was an article on this in the old CCA Biotope - and probably a thread on here - on how I built my auto-water change system (including PVC overflows).

It's pretty easy and works great.

I'll see if I can find it.

Matt

clearsky5

CCA Members
so the "T" appears to be open at the top?
and the center pipe running up from the middle (that the two tank drains run into) is that a drain from an upper set of tanks, or the fill?

did you have any sort of screen over the end of the pipe in the tank?
thanks
david

dogofwar

CCA Members
Correct - the "T" is open.

That's the drain - the water from multiple siphon overflows need to go somewhere!

The system for filling tanks isn't in the thread (but it's easy)

Matt

so the "T" appears to be open at the top?
and the center pipe running up from the middle (that the two tank drains run into) is that a drain from an upper set of tanks, or the fill?

did you have any sort of screen over the end of the pipe in the tank?
thanks
david

Jmty

Members
an overflow pipe on each tank to a drain pipe a water faucet by the drain that you open and close when water changes are needed ,would that work or just a brain fart ? probably will have to have water in that drain pipe at all times ? ?will that work ?????

Leffler817

CCA Members
I understand the siphoning part, but not the overflow..... What is to prevent water from overflowing anywhere along the top of the tank?