• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Paint won't stick

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
Probably a grease or silicon oil or such. A solvent should take it off. I'd try an alcohol, then a hydrocarbon like light mineral spirits, or go for a paint stripper; that should take it off. One of these should work. If it is glue, or where glue was before you used a razor blade to remove it, the stripper might work, or just use fine sandpaper on the spot. I'd probably opt for the sand paper.

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Usually soap and water followed by alcohol. Then buff with clean cloth removes the oil etc. dish detergent great at removing oils/grease. I've got mineral spirits, goo-gone, and tons of alcohol lol just let me know if you Want to swing by

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

JLW

CCA Members
I tried alcohol. I tried light sanding. I tried paint thinner.

None of it worked. ANnoying.

Becca

Members
I told him sharpie would work :)-
Or maybe crayon....

Can you believe he didn't wait for me to help him move that large tank.

Josh you crazy, lol but seriously I would hv helped

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

I believe it! He thought he'd move our 110 Hex all by himself until after he lifted it up with help from Chris and me... :wacko:

I've used that tinted window film from HD/Lowe's on the back of tanks before. It works well, too.

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
HA! or AHA! Did it come with a plastic film on the glass. You have to remove that first.

Undoubtedly that is not what happened, so break out the heavy grit sandpaper and do some heavy sanding. Or try the steel wool first. Or how about lava soap.

JLW

CCA Members
This is the stand Will is talking about.

Got fed up with looking at the TOP of my tank when I stood by it -- especially with all those lights. So I put this together in an afternoon.

Super tall (44") cabinet for the 92-gallon corner.

11082664_1064064243608736_1410286614862411934_n.jpg