• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

CL Sighting - 120 gallon

Hawkman2000

Members
AWESOME DEAL!!! 120 GALLON FISHTANK AND STAND!!! (Alexandria, VA)

Date: 2011-11-09, 3:26PM EST
Reply to: sale-jdd4c-2666590556@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

120 GALLON FISHTANK WITH CUSTOM 3D BACKROUND I'M HOPING TO GET $600 WHICH IS MORE THEN CHEAP FOR THIS TANK BUT GIVE ME AN OFFER IF IT'S REASONABLE WE MIGHT HAVE A DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TANK MEASURES 4ft x 2ft x 2ft AND INCLUDES A CUSTOM STAND (BLACK). THE STAND IS 49 1/2 IN X 25 1/2 IN X 30 IN. THIS TANK MAKES FOR A GORGEOUS AFRICAN CICHLID TANK. EXTREMELY BEAUTIFUL SETUP AND DO NOT FORGET ALL THE EXTRAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VERY RELAXING HOBBY I'M ACTUALLY SELLING TO UPGRADE SO I REALLY NEED TO SELL THE WHOLE SETUP TOGETHER. PLEASE DON'T ASK FOR BITS AND PIECES OF IT. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH FOR LOOKING! COULD THIS BE THE DEAL OF A LIFETIME YOU WERE LOOKING FOR??????????????? MORE PICTURES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST, BUT WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR COME OVER AND TAKE A LOOK AT IT. ALSO I CAN HELP IF GETTING IT TO YOUR HOUSE IS AN ISSUE FOR GAS MONEY WITHIN 20 MILE RADIUS!!!!!

Extras include:
1 Penn Plaxx Cascade 1200 canister filter
1 Emperor 280 power filter
1 Marineland 200 watt heater
1 Aquenon 200 watt heater
1 Top Fin automatic fish feeder
1 48in light with blue moonlight LED's and three seperate power switches and built in cooling fans
1 plastic mangrove root decoration
1 medium cave
1 large plant cluster and four other plastic plants.

Just add gravel, water and fish and enjoy this beautiful tank.
$600.00 OBRO

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
5V55U35S43k43me3o0bao81c9ad3dea20125a.jpg
5V55W65P03nd3o73pdbaoa19ed4b147661239.jpg
5Z45T25X63n13k63l9bao155ef9bba371119d.jpg
5O15R15S23mb3o43l8bao5c0ac3aa4f57139c.jpg

PostingID: 2666590556

Plenipotentiary-at-large
From the people who brought us toxic children's toys...

CL postings should be exclusively for sweetheart deals or theater of the absurd. This is definitely not the former and the interior of this tank falls a bit short of qualifying it for the latter.

Plastic plants - why stop there when one could get plastic fish as well? And given where they're likely manufactured, who knows what they use to make them?

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
^^^ What Sam said*

*except plastic plants are great for mbuna or tropheus tanks. Even the hardiest or worst-tasting plants eventually succumb to those critters and sight blocks are almost essential in these setups imo.

verbal

CCA Members
Maybe we need to consolidate to one CL deals thread. It seems to work pretty well for the absurd thread.

Hawkman2000

Members
My opologies, I didn't realize that marketplace stood for THE VERY BEST DEALS ANYONE WILL FIND ANYWHERE...BLAH BLAH. 600 for complete 120 setup isn't that bad.

Don't like plastic plants, takem out. Not buying it for that reason is like not buying a used car because the seller is a mac user while your a pc.

PP Filter - 125 - new
HOB filter - 30 - new
Heaters - 45 - new
Feeder - 25 - new
Light - (Cheapest) 150 - new
Tank and Stand - (looks like RR) at least 500 - new
Backdrops....
Gettin close to a grand.

Besides, give it some time and they might come down on the price. If someone here like what they see, they can make an offer.

Only a fool will reject ideas for personal reasons. Just a thought.

verbal

CCA Members
My opologies, I didn't realize that marketplace stood for THE VERY BEST DEALS ANYONE WILL FIND ANYWHERE...BLAH BLAH. 600 for complete 120 setup isn't that bad.
The Marketplace is primarily for CCA members to sell their items.

Occasionally something on CL is such a good deal, that people want to give other members of the club/forum a heads up.

If someone was trying to sell their own 120 for $600 on here I would not give them a hard time. If it is in good condition, they are willing to deliver and give a little on the price it could be a good deal for both parties.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
why spend 600 on a small 125 when you could get something bigger and better for about that or less. just have to look for what deal you prefer on cl or other sellers. personally for tanks 75g+ i prefer wet dry or fx5 filtration.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
What did Mama raise?

Isn't that good either considering its all used and non-returnable. Caveat emptor.

Don't like plastic plants, takem out. Not buying it for that reason is like not buying a used car because the seller is a mac user while your a pc.

I just happen to think they suck. My reason for not buying it would be different - like that there are a dozen deals like it and many that are better every week on Craig's in the DC-Baltimore area.

PP Filter - 125 - new
HOB filter - 30 - new
Heaters - 45 - new
Feeder - 25 - new
Light - (Cheapest) 150 - new
Tank and Stand - (looks like RR) at least 500 - new
Backdrops....
Gettin close to a grand.

Besides, give it some time and they might come down on the price. If someone here like what they see, they can make an offer.

Only a fool will reject ideas for personal reasons.
Funny, I can't think of a different or better reason to reject an idea. Guess what that makes me?

Just a thought.
Right. Just maybe not your best...

Wyn001100

Members
120 gallon Bought 7/11

7/11 I bought a 120g on Craig's List and PVAS/CAA members - different pieces from different people: $590 total
Tank/stand/glass top $300 (Fair Price)
Filter Fluval FX5 $200
Gravel - crushed coral $50
Heater - 2 $40

Hawkman2000

Members
The Marketplace is primarily for CCA members to sell their items.

Occasionally something on CL is such a good deal, that people want to give other members of the club/forum a heads up.

If someone was trying to sell their own 120 for $600 on here I would not give them a hard time. If it is in good condition, they are willing to deliver and give a little on the price it could be a good deal for both parties.

Sounds like starting a CL Sighting page would be great. That way the marketplace would be reserved for the FS and WTB listings only. Of course we would continue the thread in the Just Kickin It area.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Where's Monty Hall when you need him?

By the way Avatar, not everybody is willing to wait around for the deal of the century, especially when they are looking for something in particular. Appearantly someone IS glad that I posted this here.

Were two weeks a century I would be ancient indeed. And don't you know, I'm grateful for everyone's posts - sacred, profane and those in between.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Step away from the keyboard...

Only in cat years...

But alas cats can't buy fish tanks.

Matt

Please tell me you're not self-medicating again. I can track most any flight of fancy but am lost on this one. You better not make me come over there again.