• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

best way to clean plastic trim on tank

Eyeguy05

Members
ive recently purchased a used 55 gallon and the plastic lids and trim is pretty funky, and i believe its contributing to an odor in my finished basement. i have a 150 already and never had any odor. what is the best product to use to clean the trim while there is still water and a fish in it? ive also added another filter and will be doing a deep cleaning of the sand. i also want to replace the plastic lids with glass lids and a single 48" light vs the two 24" lights. ive also placed a couple damp rids around the tanks to see if that helps.

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Some vinegar on a rag and elbow grease. The damp rags will not help might actually contribute to odor. Vinegar might help but the sand might be the culprit

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Hawkman2000

Members
Apple cider vinegar has worked very well for me. I apply it with a sponge, let it soak for about 10 minutes, scrub it with the rough side of the sponge, then wipe off with paper towel.

Works on most aquarium plastics, and even helps get buildup off of glass.