• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Killie Club Collecting Trip June 28

Sonny Disposition

The Chesapeake Area Killifish Club is planning a collecting trip to the Rappahannock River on Saturday, June 28th.

From Club President Cris Diaz:

CAKC Members are eager to get out and explore the VA waterways.

The June Meeting (Saturday 28 June 2014, at 1PM) will be a collecting and exploration trip to the Rappahannock River around the Kellys Ford Rd Bridge. Ample parking is available. Here is the link for travel from I-66 in Gainesville VA to the site (This is a 1 hour drive from Gainesville):

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/38.7992 ... !3e0?hl=en

If you plan to make it, please let Cris know via email (diazcva@aol.com with the subject Trip), and also let him know if you can take others. Current plan - to be finalized – is to do car pools from Haymarket/Gainesville area out to the site.

What to plan for and bring, as we know from our trip a few years ago there are few things to keep in mind.
1. Trip will depend on weather and water conditions – we’ll send an update on Thursday night Friday morning and make a go no go decision.
2. Have proper equipment sun screen/bug spray/waders/shoes/towels, container/fish box, etc
3. Must have VA fish license to get on a net or take fish. Purchase and print on- line – http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/fishing/re ... censes.asp
4. If you are looking for fish, but do not want to get a license, let someone – who has a license know - and you can still participate, get in the water, and have fun.  Just DO NOT get on the net or take the bucket with fish!!!
5. Suggest doing some research on what may be available around these tributaries.
6. Cris will bring some nets and a seine that we can use, but feel free to bring yours.

Please RSVP (diazcva@aol.com)

blkmjk

Members
This sounds like a great way for future collectors to try their hand at snagging some fish. What kind of killi fish normally inhabit these waters?

Drew

fish

Banned
Im the master of catching crawdads. My dad and grandfather did it for almost 15 years at their stream right down the hill from the house. I go to that same stream and i use my hands for crawdads but i took a net and caught a few killies can somebody ID them?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Sonny Disposition

Actually, this trip is a dry run for the collecting trip during the PVAS catfish convention this fall. We're really hoping to get madtom catfish and perhaps darters and some colorful minnows. If there are killies there, they would likely be the striped killifish, Fundulus diaphanous.

This sounds like a great way for future collectors to try their hand at snagging some fish. What kind of killi fish normally inhabit these waters?

Drew