• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

PETA's death clutch, no escape

iamzrad

Members
If animals are people and fish are kittens, then the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals are genocidal tyrants. Once in PETA’s death clutch, few animals escape.

In Virginia, PETA takes the notion of killing with kindness literally: only seven animals found a home out of the 2,216 it cared for in 2008. Seven animals managed a reprieve; the rest were loved to death. From the blog PETA Kills Animals:

PETA’s “Animal Record†report for 2008, filed with the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, shows that the animal rights group killed 95 percent of the dogs and cats in its care last year. During all of 2008, PETA found adoptive homes for just seven pets.

Just seven animals — out of the 2,216 it took in. PETA just broke its own record.

Why would an animal rights group secretly kill animals at its headquarters? PETA’s continued silence on the matter makes it hard to say for sure. But from a cost-saving standpoint, PETA’s hypocrisy isn’t difficult to understand: Killing adoptable cats and dogs — and storing the bodies in a walk-in freezer until they can be cremated — requires far less money and effort than caring for the pets until they are adopted.

PETA has a $32 million annual budget. But instead of investing in the lives of the thousands of flesh and blood creatures in its care, the group spends millions on media campaigns telling Americans that eating meat, drinking milk, fishing, hunting, wearing leather shoes, and benefiting from medical research performed on lab rats are all “unethical.â€

The bottom line: PETA’s leaders care more about cutting into their advertising budget than finding homes for the nearly six pets they kill on average, every single day.

Let’s just look at some of the hypocritical advertising. Remember the sea kittens? At the splashy PETA site:

Given the drastic situation for this country’s sea kittens-who are often the victims of many major threats to their welfare and ways of life — it’s high time that the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS) stop allowing our little sea kitten friends to be tortured and killed. Who’d want to hurt a sea kitten anyway?!

Sea kittens are just as intelligent (not to mention adorable) as dogs and cats, and they feel pain just as all animals do.

Please take just a few moments to send an e-mail to H. Dale Hall, the director of the FWS, asking him to stop promoting the hunting of sea kittens (otherwise known as “fishingâ€). The promotion of sea kitten hunting is a glaring contradiction of FWS’ mission to “conserve, protect and enhance fish, wildlife and plants and their habitats.â€

If sea kittens are just as intelligent, then why does PETA kill so many intelligent, pain-feeling animals in their care? Maybe they should be cleaning up their own kennel before worrying about how U.S. Fish and Wild Life Service manages sea kittens.

PETA has been known to go after fast food chains calling Burger King “Murder King†and using celebrities like (surprise!) Alec Baldwin. More recently, PETA had two scantily clad women making out on Valentine’s Day, proclaiming that “vegetarians make better lovers†and urging people to give up eating meat.

Perhaps the most outrageous advertising is described here:

Designed to promote PETA’s anti-meat campaign, the larger-than-life billboard shows the face of a haggard young woman on one side and a pig’s face on the other. Between the two is the blunt slogan: “Neither Of Us Is Meat.â€

Interpreted as a reference to the case of Robert Pickton, the B.C. man charged in the deaths of 15 women on his farm, the campaign has sparked condemnation from victims’ families.

More recently, a similar ad was not run but the guts of the advertising give you an idea of the group’s twisted morality:

However, city editor Tara Seel said the newspaper had no intention of running the ad, which uses imagery of “an innocent victim’s throat†being cut, in reference to the slaughter of cows, chickens and pigs on factory farms.

“His struggles and cries are ignored … the man with the knife shows no emotion … the victim is slaughtered and his head cut off … his flesh is eaten,†reads the ad, which is posted on the website.

“If this ad leaves a bad taste in your mouth, please give a thought to what sensitive animals think and feel when they come to the end of their frightening journey and see, hear and smell the slaughterhouse.â€

In response to the outrage after this ad, PETA said (via TMZ):

While it isn’t every day that a human is violently attacked and eaten by another human, it’s worth noting that it is the norm for many people not to give any thought to the fact that restaurants are serving flesh that comes from innocents who were minding their own business before someone came after them with a knife.

Over 20,000 dogs and cats, the “flesh of innocents,†were killed by PETA since 1998. Meanwhile, they spent millions chiding people for eating meat and chicken and fish. Just a tiny percentage of their massive budget could save thousands of “lives†and yet they hypocritically lecture others about their lifestyle.

PETA needs to clean their own slaughterhouse. They might have a little more credibility in caring for animals if they cared for, instead of killed, those they’re meant to save.

Discuss.

I remember a year ago or so listening to 98ROCK, the show had a speaker from PETA call in and just talk about what PETA does, etc. I remember Mickey asking the lady, "if animals are used to test medicine and cures and tests prove a cure for horrible diseases (or cancer), you are telling me if your child had cancer, you would not administer the cure to your own child?"
The lady paused and said "No."

Which I find completely bull**** and so hypocritical it is not funny, but that is what PETA stands for, hypocrisy.

rsanz

monster tank newbie
Wow, what a joke. There is nothing worse than hypocrisy. It is the ultimate immaturity and idiocy that exists in this world besides unnecessary violence.

cmcpart0422

Members
Some people are just more focused on changing others views. This can prevents them from stepping back and looking at the integrity of their own. They don't care about the dogs and cats they just want to stop people from eating meat.

There is nothing wrong with a vegetarian lifestyle (something I could never do hahaha :D) , but to sacrifice one set of morals for another is just wrong in this case.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
you know i think peta is a pita! forgive me if i strike a nerve with some folks but i apologize now if someone gets upset. they shouldnt but just in case. ;) i liken peta to cult like followers and i do mean followers. the relentless protection of animals i understand. to attack and force their opinions on others that dont i dont agree with. their crazy tactics place people and organizations in fear. for instance look at the role they played in the vick case. granted what he did was wrong and you or i would have gotten a fine. however with much public attention(falcons afraid of negative attenion at training camp,endorsements dropped him) raised by peta they made killing a dog look like murder 1. now i point to that lady in ocean city who buried the babies in her yard around the same time as the dog killings, she did 3 months and was home and these were humans.while madoff who stole millions maybe billions causing folks to kill themselves, businesses to fail, savings lost, retirement funds gone gets hardly that kind of treatment. what im saying is human life is more valuble then an animals yet peta cheapens that grossly. if they want to champion a cause fine but have the common sense to do things the right way. i can think of a hundred human causes that they could put that same energy and money to and help save some humans.lets help some homeless vets number one. i love animals and all but those folks to me seem fanatical. my .02 cents :eek: sorry for ranting :(

I agree DQ, I always had this wierd feeling about PETA.SOmething inside of me always told me that they were a bunch of fakes pushing a stupid agenda trying to capture some attention. If they really valued animal lives why the f*** don't they adopt these animals themselves? Instead of trying to put a guilt trip on people into trying to adopt them?

Lively

Members
In no way defeding PETA here, I think they are fanatics of the worst kind and do more to harm than good but.... I don't put too much stock in blogs like that. To much misinformation on the net these days, shoot too much misinformation in print, TV and radio for that matter - if i saw the report, maybe - but then again if I told you that Fla had a higher death rate than any other state in the US would you remember that the population of Fla on average is much older than the rest of the US?

I mean, if the blog is true - why hasn't our scandal loving media jumped all over it? It's just the kind of sensationalistic story Nancy Grace would take on...

A response from PETA - and I guessed this would be the reason - the animals were unadoptable. I bet we never find out the truth on way or another - it will be lost in a bunch of finger pointing and name calling.

http://rightwingnews.com/mt331/2009/03/a_conversation_with_peta_they.php

Last edited:

Lively

Members
I started to look for more concrete info, beyond blogs and email exchanges that can't be vetted - I know the pics on the following link were meant to shock and upset, the worst of the worst. I knew PETA took in these kinds of animals. I'll warn you now - the pics are extremely graphic, I don't know what the pics are like after the one of the pitbull (I think it was a pitbull) I couldn't scroll down any further.

Again- I'm no friend of PETA and I'm sure they killed many animals that might be adoptable - but I do know that the shelters around here are filled, the same in MD and WV and none of the gov'ts has the money to feed, house and provide medical care to them all. In her blog, she say, "Someone has to do the dirty work." I really wish it wasn't true - but in this case I think she is right. Until people take responsibility for their animals and commit themselves to their care - kill shelters will exist.

Anyway - here's the link - seriously, it's beyond sad what people are capable of - to do this to an innocent animal makes me sick http://blog.peta.org/archives/2009/03/why_we_euthaniz.php