• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Northfin Food

cabinetmkr39

DavidG / CCA Member
I came across a youtube video on this Northfin food. Whats the word about this ? Is anybody using in our club, Is it as good as they claim? Just trying to weed out and bad info on this product. And I see a few well known people from our club like them on Facebook. Comments please..

Last edited:

Rasta Fish

Members
Never heard of it, seems to get great reviews from what I see online
Its expensive so I won't be buying it anytime soon as I have too many fishs to feed

Vinh2o

Members
I have only heard of people actually using North Fin on YouTube. The issue with YouTube reviews is that if a company sends the reviewer free products and calls the reviewer with high praise for their You Tube channel and becomes a sponsor of the show, then the reviewer will say this is the best product since sliced bread. I have seen some YouTube channel declare one particular food to be the best. But, if you scroll back and look at older videos on their channel they have previously declared other Foods or Products to be the best. What has changed to make a reviewer say hey " this is the new best food ". The only thing that changed is the sponsorship. Unless you personally set up two tanks identical with everything except the food you are feeding and do a 6 month observation study where your track breeding, size growth, long term coloration, size and fin growth and sickness you will never truly know. The only other thing you can do is study every ingredient on the label compared to the food you are currently using. The only issue with that is I am not sure if the FDA actually monitors the ingredients to make sure the Fish Food manufacturers are being honest and accurate about ingredients and the percentage of the ingredients.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

spazmattik

Members
I was looking into it at one point. I think in the end it ended up being comparable to NLS but harder to come by as far as shipping goes.

the ingredients list looks pretty nice but its hard to get in the states. you can order via jaywilson on youtube, but for me, I would rather just stick to the quality foods that are easily accessible for me. currently using nls thera a, hikario bio gold, hikari bio discus, nls algaemax, omega one veggie rounds.

golfbeaner

Members
i have been using it for about a month and a half don't see a big difference in color but fish seem very healthy and they seem to show their fins more

I use the Krill and Community pellets. My fish love the Krill and like the community. I don't notice any difference, but I only feed high quality stuff so I really didn't expect much. I also tried their "algae" wafers. Only one Pleco I have (out of 8) eats it. after 3 days of finding them dissolved in the bottom of my tanks, I stopped feeding them.

cabinetmkr39

DavidG / CCA Member
I understand there is not that much difference between Northfin and New life spectrum.
I'll stick to the one that I've been using for years its Made in USA.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Yes - similar to NLS (or Xtreme).

I use all three (and foods from YourFishStuff and Kensfish...and live red wiggler worms, of course)...

Matt