• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Anyone bought a stand from glass cages?

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Hey guys
I'm planning on picking up a stand from glass cages. Has anyone gotten stands from them? Your thoughts?
Also, does anyone know any other stores that sell 8' by 2' stands?
Thanks

xny89

Administrator
Staff member
While I can't answer your second question, I do have a 45 gallon tank and oak stand from glass cages and it's very well made. About the only issue I have with it, and it's not that big a deal, is that the front door is not on hinges: you actually have to slide it up and then out. Also, the backing is solid, so if you want to run electrical/plumbing into the stand, you have to drill holes. If I had to do it over again, I would still buy from them.

Hawkman2000

Members
Two of my friends just bought stands from them along with there 55 gallon rimless Starfire tanks. They like them a lot. The only issue they claim to have is that the upper trim has a large gap between the trim in the tank. This probably won't be as prevalent with a tank that has a rim. Just remember the stand is unfinished so they need a light sanding, stain, and poly coat.