• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Anyone bought from glass cages?

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Hey guys
Anyone bought from glass cages? I was thinking of getting my monster tank from them but I wanted to hear others' experiences with this company and their tanks. I was looking at something 240-300 gallons and the last thing I want is 300 gallons of water and my rays on the living room floor.
Thanks!

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Personally, if I wanted a 6' tank of that size in glass, I'd go with a deep dimension series by perfecto. However, I would likely want to get a tank that size in acrylic, in which case I'd consider glass cages. They are one of the few reputable companies that deal direct with the consumer. I have two tanks running by glass cages, but both are tiny. I have a 10g short, and a 29g short.

On a related note, if you don't do overflows in the acrylic tank, I would suggest you have a dry box installed to run cords and hang canister hoses within the tank.

Sent from my VS985 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Becca

Members
Wait 'til Aquamania. We are trying to get them to do a vendor booth. Not sure yet.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
Wait 'til Aquamania. We are trying to get them to do a vendor booth. Not sure yet.

Hmm. I have 68" of horizontal space to work with.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Personally, if I wanted a 6' tank of that size in glass, I'd go with a deep dimension series by perfecto. However, I would likely want to get a tank that size in acrylic, in which case I'd consider glass cages. They are one of the few reputable companies that deal direct with the consumer. I have two tanks running by glass cages, but both are tiny. I have a 10g short, and a 29g short.

On a related note, if you don't do overflows in the acrylic tank, I would suggest you have a dry box installed to run cords and hang canister hoses within the tank.

Sent from my VS985 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Thanks
I would get an acrylic tank but I cant afford and acrylic tank of that size.
I looked around online for some of the perfecto wide tanks (since this tank will be for stingrays, i think one of those will be perfect) but I'm having no luck finding any for sale.

That would be cool but I dont think I'll have my fishroom sold by then so i'd have to pick up a tank some time after.

xny89

Administrator
Staff member
I got my 45 gallon glass tank and oak stand from them. They "deliver" to a parking lot, so you have to pick up. Quality is excellent.

Stucks

Members
There was a lot of talk years ago about the quality of glass cages being sub par and a lot of large glass tanks blowing out. Do a search on them. Ive never had a glass cages tank though, so I cant really comment from experience. Only what I have read. They are priced well though, and if the quality has improved in the most recent years, they seem like a very cost effective option.

JLW

CCA Members
I've bought many including some big boys. Never had a problem.

Discus Hans has his entire facility running on Glass Cages tanks. And if that's not a good endorsement, I don't know what is.

Troyale

Members
I have a 7' 220g from them that has been up and running for about 2 yrs with no problems. I will say that they make the tanks about a week before your pick up day, so once you pick the tank up, you have to let it sit any additional 2-4 weeks empty so the silicone can fully cure. They attach some verbiage letting you know the built date and when it is safe to add water. Another small thing that bothered me was the excess of silicone on the glass. I used a razor to remove most of it, except any excess on a few seams. But other than that they seem built pretty solid.

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
I got my 45 gallon glass tank and oak stand from them. They "deliver" to a parking lot, so you have to pick up. Quality is excellent.
Thanks
There was a lot of talk years ago about the quality of glass cages being sub par and a lot of large glass tanks blowing out. Do a search on them. Ive never had a glass cages tank though, so I cant really comment from experience. Only what I have read. They are priced well though, and if the quality has improved in the most recent years, they seem like a very cost effective option.
yah, I heard that too. Thanks
I've bought many including some big boys. Never had a problem.

Discus Hans has his entire facility running on Glass Cages tanks. And if that's not a good endorsement, I don't know what is.
Awesome, thanks.
I have a 7' 220g from them that has been up and running for about 2 yrs with no problems. I will say that they make the tanks about a week before your pick up day, so once you pick the tank up, you have to let it sit any additional 2-4 weeks empty so the silicone can fully cure. They attach some verbiage letting you know the built date and when it is safe to add water. Another small thing that bothered me was the excess of silicone on the glass. I used a razor to remove most of it, except any excess on a few seams. But other than that they seem built pretty solid.
Thanks, do you have any pics? I'm considering the same thing but 8'