• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Tank update

Did a wc today and installed my new light fixture, I love it! Kinda hard to see with a phone pic that I put a back ground on the tank. In addition to that I got a jager heater, new air pump, gang valve as well as some other accessories. Ive also ordered some cool Driftwood, fourite and sand. So not long after the April meeting I will be fully re vamping the tank. I'm also in the process of building a co2 pressure regulator, and plan to start using that soon.

20160316_183532.jpg

20160316_183522.jpg

thx lucas. Im actually surprised i haven't killed any of these plants yet. i have a royal pleco in here but i can never find him. He's probably one of the biggest if not the biggest fish in the tank. but never can be found lol. The 3 bn are too small to find.

Termato

Board of Directors
I call this, the Mayan Village. Looks nice! I like the pots in there.

Ever thought about building stair looking things with rocks for make it look like temples? :D

It really does look like a little village though. I like it!

you know.. i never thought about Mayan before, but that theme dose go perfect with it! You just gave me lots of ideas! great call victor.

Nice plants, Mason. What's your CO2 set up?

I'm not yet pro enouph to describe my co2 set up accurately, but I will try.

So to start off I already had a co2 tank from a kegerator. After doing some research I decided to go with a dual stage regulator, so I purchased a used vector stainless 2 stage from ebay (cga-580, hpt-270c). After more research I decided on a solenoid. I went with a low voltage clippard et-2m-24 vdc 2 way on a stainless manifold. I still have much to figure out and put together on this tho. I'm going to need stainless fittings, needle valve, conectors, maby a bubble counter, and who knows what else.... still trying to figure this out. I'm hoping to meet up with someone who's built one before to get some help putting it together. Either that or hours of reaserch because from what I understand there are endless options on parts and configuration. But in all its much cheaper to build it yourself than buying a new one.

Wish me luck!!!

Jt731

Members
I just bought a new regulator setup from gla. Mainly cause my old one broke during the move and I could get two manifolds to feed both my tanks.

The smaller tank is heavily planted so I built a Barr Venturi and attached it online with my canister outlet.

I may have some more pictures, the directions are all over the net if you google it. Very high rate of mix of co2 into the water

image.jpg

Jt731

Members
Found one of construction. The big nipples on each end are from canister and to tank and the small is for he co2

image.jpg

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
Mason,

Are you on the GWAPA forum? There's plenty of threads and folks that can provide solid advice with setting up your CO2 system. (Not saying CCA folks can't provide solid advice also, just that the GWAPA gang lives for this sort of thing.)

Blaise

Mason,

Are you on the GWAPA forum? There's plenty of threads and folks that can provide solid advice with setting up your CO2 system. (Not saying CCA folks can't provide solid advice also, just that the GWAPA gang lives for this sort of thing.)

Blaise

yes i just got on there a few days ago and have a thread about my build. still just a lot of research i have to do to figure this out. thank you !!