• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Midas cichlid and a few other fish for trade

zendog

I recently picked up some fish as part of a group with a 55 gallon tank and they aren't really what I'd like to keep long term so I'd like to see if there are any interesting trades out there. I prefer less aggressive fish and would like to have more of a community in this tank, probably with plants.

The main fish I have to trade is what I was told was a midas cichlid, about 9" long and I'm pretty sure it is a female. I've attached a picture. She is pretty docile, but does push the other smaller fish around a bit. Eats large pellets readily and seems quite healthy. I like the fish's personality and would keep it, but it just seems too big for the 55.

Besides the midas there are 2 black convicts that appear to be a pair and have supposedly bred before and 2 jumbo danios.

I realize this may be a bit of a long shot, but here's a wish list of things I'm interested in:

Steatocranus tinanti (or other similar Steatocranus types)

Any type of Nanochromis, like Nanochromis parilius

Laetacara dorsigera - Redbreast Acara

Apistogramma agassizii
Apistogramma bitaeniata
Apistogramma hongsloi (red)
Any other Apistogramma you think are interesting and colorful, but probably not cacatuoides since we already have a pair.

okefenokee pygmy sunfish

Any pairs of Killi fish

I'd also be interested in a pair of brushy noses (not albinos - and hopefully with interesting markings), small groups of laser Cory cats, Ottos, etc.

I'm also interested in any types of plants that are easy to grow, any driftwood or 10, 15 or 20 gallon setups, or an iron stand for 10 gallon tanks or a 20 long (the type that hold one tank on top and one below).

I don't know what my fish are worth, so feel free to make whatever suggestion of stuff plus cash to make a fair trade. Mostly I just want to make sure I find a good home for these fish.

I'm in Arlington, VA.

midascichlid.jpg

Last edited:

zendog

It did indeed. $1 in a nice HD bucket... less than half the price of the bucket, lol. As long as he is in a good home doing well, I'm happy.

zendog

Sorry, no those are gone as well.

I do happen to have some nice long fin bushy noses - 2M, 1F and one too small to tell. Also have a pair (I think they're a pair) of clown plecos. But all the others are gone.