• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Do I have to many fish?

Ading522

Members
maybe, maybe not..depending on size of the fish, and the filtration system you run, how many times you do a water change and by how much, and water aeration.. some people overstock fish, but they have excellent filter systems and aeration equipment to adequately keep the fish.. i think its called "controlled overstocking"..

verbal

CCA Members
maybe, maybe not..depending on size of the fish, and the filtration system you run, how many times you do a water change and by how much, and water aeration.. some people overstock fish, but they have excellent filter systems and aeration equipment to adequately keep the fish.. i think its called "controlled overstocking"..

Agreed it also depends on the size of the fish.

I have a round airstone in the middle of tank to help with air. I have a magnum 350 canister filter, and a filstar xl 175 gallon canister filter, and 2 marineland bio wheel 200 which are for 50 gallon tanks on top to help with air and filtration up to 1250 gallons are filtered a hour. My fish I have in there are right 25 adults and 25 juveniles all peacocks and haps.

I love malawi cichlids!!

Ading522

Members
Well..looks like your all set..imo I would add another air stone or two to the corners..and have them on full open valve, then add a circulation pump on either side, or a power head on the side..good setup you got going there..what's your substrate?

Rasta Fish

Members
that tank will get dirty real quick If you can keep up with the Filter cleaning, water change in that tank and keep them happy you should pull it off

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
+1 on water changes.

I do 75% weekly as a minimum on my more heavily stocked tanks.

davidhusker

Members
I'm leaning towards too many fish. If you want them to develop into nice specimens, at the end of they day they need their space. I think 30 would be the max I would put in a 150 regardless of filtration... but to each his own as long as you're happy and the fish are healthy.

Owens

Members
I personally like over stocked tanks as long as filtration and water changes are good.

Sent from my VS840 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App