• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

The June meeting of the CCA

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
JUNE 11TH AT 2 PM.
FEATURING DON CONKEL OF
DON CONKEL's TROPICALS
The Worlds Largest Importer, Exporter and Breeder of
North & Central American Cichlids

An overview of Central American Cichlids from Mexico to Panama and collecting wild stock for Fish Farming.
All in one talk!

We will have our usual raffles, mini auction and refreshments.

What else could we do at one meeting?

How about:

Only the CCA brings you:
A Monster of a Tank Give Away.
One lucky CCA member will win a 90-gal tank, stand, light, filter and more!

Sponsored by The Monster Aquaria Network!

All this for a club meeting!

This is why the CCA is
A Growing Force in the Cichlid Hobby!

mrkillie

Members
Darn! Wish I could make it, but that's dance recital day for my daughter. Oh well-see you at the convention! Or at the ACLC meeting in June.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Some speakers do.
More used to but then with travel restrictions on water some quit.
I know a couple of speakers that stopped because the fish did not bring money in the auctions.
Plus its no easier for him to bring them then for you to order fish. They still have to be shipped.

longstocking

Members
Being in this situation...

You used to be able to bring fish in your carry-on.... if you just bring a carry-on there is no fee for your luggage now. Which they are only staying for a day or two... no reason to check bags.

With the fees, trouble, etc... it really makes it hard. Local speakers, there are no issues and they usually always bring fish. With people we have to fly in... I'm not sure it's worth the trouble. Sure it helps the club. But, I'm not sure it's worth it. BWI has a history of not allowing bags with fish in for some reason. I actually asked this question on facebook since I have a lot of friends that either speak or travel alot with fish.... and I know of at least two people that got stopped and the fish couldn't go at BWI.

I'm going to try later this year... since my husband will drop me off and can come pick up the fish since I live so close.... but I'm not sure if it will work or not.

ddavila06

Members
Being in this situation...

You used to be able to bring fish in your carry-on.... if you just bring a carry-on there is no fee for your luggage now. Which they are only staying for a day or two... no reason to check bags.

With the fees, trouble, etc... it really makes it hard. Local speakers, there are no issues and they usually always bring fish. With people we have to fly in... I'm not sure it's worth the trouble. Sure it helps the club. But, I'm not sure it's worth it. BWI has a history of not allowing bags with fish in for some reason. I actually asked this question on facebook since I have a lot of friends that either speak or travel alot with fish.... and I know of at least two people that got stopped and the fish couldn't go at BWI.

I'm going to try later this year... since my husband will drop me off and can come pick up the fish since I live so close.... but I'm not sure if it will work or not.

thank you for the replys guys! the only reason i asked is that with pvas we have had a bunch of speakers bring fish but im honestly not sure how they bring them lol...plants too btw :eek:

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
We have had those that brought fish also.
I just don't ask.
I let them offer. I am happy either way.. LOL