• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Assassin snails on craigs list

emartin

Members
Buy more snails to take care of a snail problem?

Unless they end up killing eachother until only one remains...highlander style...I don't see the point. Getting loaches would be a better solution imho. I'm not planted tank keeper and never experienced a Malaysian Snail infestation (just a pond snail one, but the loaches and fish keep it restricted to the overflows and sump) so I'm not one to say if it's useless, I just don't see how adding more snails (even if they kill the problem snails) solves the problem.

Do those snails really work? How do you get rid of them/do they cause an infestation as well?

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
Never had any luck with loaches. I have Khuli and Java loaches. Assassin Snails work great and so does the Sera Snail trap. I use both with great results.

emartin

Members
Never had any luck with loaches. I have Khuli and Java loaches. Assassin Snails work great and so does the Sera Snail trap. I use both with great results.
Never heard of these snails before but now that I do I'll keep them in mind if I ever get a MTS snail infestation.

It would certainly give me satisfaction to see them kill the intruders!

msjinkzd

invert junkie
Also, assassins can be fed meaty foods when the pest snails are gone. They usually stop reproducing once the llive food stops and they are being supplemented.