• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Favorite fish / favorite tank

Acpape0

Members
I know many / the vast majority of us have multiple tanks and fish. While they all mean something to us, it is human nature to have a favorite fish and/or tank.
So here is my question. What is your favorite tank?
What is your favorite fish that your have?
What is your favorite plant?
Favorite tank:
My favorite tank is my 180g tank. It is simple in design with a 4ft and 1fy pieces of driftwood. Pool filter sand substrate. The fish : 16+ inch silver arowana(named MOBY ) , 7" disc motoro stingray ( named gru) , 6 geophagus altifrons 6"-4.5", one 5" albino oscar ( charity case ... Long story) and a small irwini cat that I never ever see. This tank is my pride and joy. Filtered by a 1800 Gph sump, fluval 305, eheim 2217, emperor 404, and a ac 100 modified to grow pothos with vines 2-3ft long.
Favorite fish:
Top two are in the 180 and they are my silver arowana and my motoro stingray
Followed closely by a gold nugget pleco in my wife's 90 gallon planted community tank.
Favorite plant:
I have an Anubis plant in my wife's tank that is about a foot and a half tall... I call it my aquatic oak tree .. Lol.. Not sure of which type of Anubis it is but it is my favorite none the less

Please share your favorites

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

kevin911

Members
Hey Adam,

Very nice stock and set up - I still admire those Geos! (so close to closing a deal)

My favorite would have to be my 175g Bow front design with just a couple of pieces of manzanita drift and current inhabitants are silver aro, group of dats, red sevs , flag tails, red parrots and royal pleco. Filtered by my Proaquatic 400 44x12x15 sump and a full sheet 2'' thick 72''x24''x27'' sponge filter infused with (4) 2'' air stone running on AP20 air pump.

2nd would be my 120g Halfmoon acrylic with built in the back filter and just a fx5. Inhabitants includes colony of clown loaches, red sev, baby dats and grow out blue aro.

My all time favorite is my 12'' datnoid raised it from 2'', about 5 years old.

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Awesome setups!

My favorite tank (which will change soon because I'm upgrading) is my 120.
It's 5', by 1.5', by I think 30". The stock is my male marble motoro (Ray) and a baby silver aro. The ray is easily my favorite fish that I've ever kept. Whenever I walk up to the tank he swims toward me and starts "jumping" around. He's the reason why I'm upgrading, he's about 8-9" disc and the tank is starting to get a little small. It's fine for now (and assuming he wont get much bigger, maybe forever), but I want to give him the best home I can afford and hopefully I get get some female marbles for him when I upgrade :winking0011:
The tank has a 4' LED I got when I bought the tank and a standard wooden stand. Since rays are extremely messy, the tank is filtered by 2 rena xp3 canisters and I do weekly 75%-50% water changes depending how much I fed that week.
My 3rd favorite fish (the aro is second) has to be my male amatitlania siquia