• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Problems with Ken's Fish?

Becca

Members
I spoke to Ken back when we started looking for AM3 sponsors. He was excited about the event and eager to send a donation. Unfortunately, we never got the donation and subsequent calls I made went unanswered, which is not like Ken. I don't think I've ever had him not call me back and I've called there a few times over the past couple of years.

I figured between the weather in Massachusetts and other stuff, he probably just forgot or had missed the message because of bigger worries.

Yesterday a friend asked if I'd ever had a problem with Ken's Fish and told me that he'd placed an order 2 weeks ago that still had not shipped, had left multiple voice-mail and e-mail messages, and still had no response. He is getting ready to go to PayPal with a complaint.

Has anyone else had issues with recent orders? Does anyone know what's going on with Ken & company? I didn't think much of the missed donation, but I've never had an order take more than a few days to ARRIVE, let alone ship.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I believe that Ken did end up sending some gift cards to the BFD.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I got an order 2-3 weeks ago.
Also got an emai/newsletter last night.

Maybe the item your friend needed was out of stock so taking a little longer? Don't know.

Leffler817

CCA Members
I've never had a problem with an order but when an item was drop shipped from the wholesaler there was a delay. I think Pat might be on to something as dealing with Ken's has always been great.

Digital

Members
I made an order just before the last snow storm and it was delayed by two days. They did notify me promptly. No real issue with Ken, just mother nature.

Marlin

Sent from my SCH-I545 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Localzoo

Board of Directors
I've never had anything super bad happen. But things like late responses and email taking longer than what others say is normal. Usually very easy to contact via phone and reasonable to communicate with. I can't imagine how long it takes to answer through the tons of emails.....even if its a few ppl working on it.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

chriscoli

Administrator
We didn't get anything from Ken this year, but I've never had a problem with an order shipping late. Ordering from him is usually really quick.

I did have an email delay when I needed clarification about a gift certificate code once, but I assumed it was just a "fall through the cracks" sort of thing and it hasn't happened since.

JLW

CCA Members
Ken's is a little like Batfish ... it's Ken running it and doing 98% of the work. :) It's easy to get overwhelmed and miss e-mails (and, of course, you go two weeks without a single e-mail or anything, and then 50,000 people e-mail you at once :p). I would just follow it up with another e-mail.

J

chriscoli

Administrator
Ken's is a little like Batfish ... it's Ken running it and doing 98% of the work. :) It's easy to get overwhelmed and miss e-mails (and, of course, you go two weeks without a single e-mail or anything, and then 50,000 people e-mail you at once :p). I would just follow it up with another e-mail.

J

Totally agree. They've always been great to work with, so it's easy to forget that it's a small business run by Ken.

Becca

Members

J

I had my suspicions, given that Ken always answers the phone. I don't doubt that the business is good, I was actually more worried that something had happened to Ken!

Sped89

Members
I placed an order two weeks ago on a Wednesday evening, it shipped out Thursday and had it on Monday morning.

frankoq

Members
Now happening to me.
Placed an order in early June for a breeder box and brine shrimp.
The breeder box came quickly with a note saying they did not have the shrimp.
weeks went by and no shrimp.
started emailing them and got a response for item to arrive late June.
nothing yet. I have emailed 3 more times and no response.
I called yesterday and left voice mail.
Today, calls go directly to a message saying voice mail inbox full.

rich_one

Members
I just ordered from him Thursday, and order shipped on the same day. I've been ordering from him for years, never even one issue.

-Rich

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App