• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB Fluval 105 filter case

verbal

CCA Members
I managed to crack the filter case putting my filter together. Does anyone happen to have one lying around?

The cracks are not too big(less than an inch and not deep) is it easily fixable?

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Way to go He-Man. :p

If you wanted to try your hand at fixing it, maybe dry it out, liberally place silicone along the crack, then wrap the area in a non-flexible tape (strapping tape maybe?) so that the crack remains tight - even when pressurized. Let it dry.

Sit the canister inside of a larger Rubbermaid if you have the room in case the fix doesn't go so well. Plan on firing it up when you'll be home all day to check on it periodically.

Or you can probably get a replacement housing from one of the big stores online.

verbal

CCA Members
Yeah I will probably go the on-line route. I figured I would check if someone happened to have one lying around.

I can do a test in my garage, although still want to make sure it doesn't run dry.

Would PVC solvent potentially work?