• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Eel Food?

zackcrack00

Members
Picking up my second eel from Josh at the BBQ. He will be a zigzag eel, the one I have now is a Peacock eel. I've tried feeding him flake, freeze-dried bloodworms, etc, but he hasn't been eating it (to my knowledge). I really want to get something from YFS for them to munch on. Was looking at the Carnivore Pellets but I think they're too large. Now I'mthinking freeze-dried mealworms or freeze-dried FW shrimp. Anyone keeping eels, what do you think?

Becca

Members
What about live FW shrimp? You could easily get a tank of RCS breeding and load them up with nutritious foods.

Greengirl

Members
Eels need sinking food like blood worms. I don't think flake food offers them what they really need either, they need the meat.

zackcrack00

Members
Becca,
Shrimp and I don't mix well, to say the least. I've never been able to have them live more than a month.

Alexandra,
That's why I'm trying to find something else more appetizing and nutritious.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

spazmattik

Members
I use to just thaw frozen blood worms and use a turkey baster to aim it towards his hiding spot. Never has an issue.

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Assuming your talking about the one you got in the auction, I fed him black worms and he would ocasionally take small pellets

toddnbecka

Members
I have 2 different Tanganykian spiny eels, they eat NLS 1mm Cichlid pellets along with the rest of the fish. Had a pair of plagiostoma in a 29 for a couple years, fed them frozen bloodworms pretty exclusively. They spawned a number of times, but the male always ate the eggs soon after.