• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Kens Fish medicated food

manbern

Members
Hello all! Has anyone tried Kens Fish medicated food? It seems like a really good deal, but I wonder if it's safe to use for African cichlids? Other than the website telling me what the ingredients are, I have no idea as to what the protein percentage is. I've read that keeping the protein in the low 30s is recommended to prevent bloat. I emailed Kens Fish several days ago asking this same question, but as of yet, no response. If anyone has had any experience with this food, good or bad, please chime in! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

manbern

Members
I like it, but I don't keep Africans.

Yeah, their prices are some of the best I've seen online. Even their name brand foods are competitively priced. I currently soak my own food in metro/focus and feed once to twice a month as a preventative. But if their medicated food is safe for Africans, I think I can save even more money just buying the medicated food.

spazmattik

Members
i brought a lyonsi back from near death with it recently once he was able to eat. i wouldnt think it would be bad for africans, its just a temporary food, not a staple.

manbern

Members
i brought a lyonsi back from near death with it recently once he was able to eat. i wouldnt think it would be bad for africans, its just a temporary food, not a staple.

Good point! It's looking more and more that I'll be giving this stuff a try! Seachem's metro is pretty expensive, which brings me to my next question. KF sells their own metro too. I imagine a drug is drug, whether it be Bayer, Excedrin, or Walmart brand. But is KF metro any good?

spazmattik

Members
Good point! It's looking more and more that I'll be giving this stuff a try! Seachem's metro is pretty expensive, which brings me to my next question. KF sells their own metro too. I imagine a drug is drug, whether it be Bayer, Excedrin, or Walmart brand. But is KF metro any good?

Yes and yes seachem is expensive! My lyonsi had a intestinal infection i suppose and I originally dosed with this until he was able to eat and thats when I followed up with the food. He is doing great now. Neither can hurt to have on hand. Also pimafix, melafix, aquarium salt and epsom salt have been my basic medicine cabinet. Might as well add to your cart to reach that 75$ for free shipping if you havent already ;) way cheaper than petsmart.

manbern

Members
Yes and yes seachem is expensive! My lyonsi had a intestinal infection i suppose and I originally dosed with this until he was able to eat and thats when I followed up with the food. He is doing great now. Neither can hurt to have on hand. Also pimafix, melafix, aquarium salt and epsom salt have been my basic medicine cabinet. Might as well add to your cart to reach that 75$ for free shipping if you havent already ;) way cheaper than petsmart.

Placed my order on Saturday! $75 wasn't hard to reach, as there is a ton of awesome stuff to buy there! :) I used to shop mostly from drsfostersmith.com, until I stumbled upon this website. Now, I first check if KF has it, if not, THEN I look elsewhere.