• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

2 1/2 GALLON TANKS ?

cabinetmkr39

DavidG / CCA Member
Is it just me or do others have a problem with the glass 2 1/2 gallon tanks leaking? I had 5 of them over the years and they all leak at one time or another. What am I doing wrong. They leak when I fill them over 3/4 s full.
I'm looking for away to replace them with something else.

mrkillie

Members
I've had many over the years and never had a problem. Where are they leaking? Are they all glass or do they have the black plastic bottom? Sometimes the plastic gets cracked and it's very hard to see it, and it doesn't leak until there is enough pressure.

cabinetmkr39

DavidG / CCA Member
Yes there all glass.I cant tell where there leaking from. I have a good friend who breeds show guppies and he has had this problem also. I can not see where they can leak.The tanks have about 1 /2 inch of silicone in all corners. anyway I went today and bought some
plastic shoe boxes, will see how they do. I got 5 boxes for 8 dollars. Those glass tanks were 12 dollars each.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Not issue with leaks but...

...I could never keep anything alive in them for very long. Switched to 5G minimum for rising fry, end of story. Guess I just don't want to bother with daily water changes and/or I need a better filtration approach to mini-tanks.