• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Brightwell Order

JLW

CCA Members
Hey Folks,

We've really worked hard to expand our selection of dry goods through Brightwell Aquatics. You may have seen some of this stuff available at the Aquatic Gardener's Association Convention last weekend. And if you didn't, shame on you for not being there. We are offering a full line of the very hard to find Volcanic Substrates. These are available in a 1 MM and 3MM size, and brown and black colour. This is an ideal substrate for planted and shrimp aquariums, and just really cannot be beat. Please keep in mind that this substrate is far less dense than other gravels. So, while you may need a 50 pounds of regular gravel for an aquarium, you'll not need anywhere near that much. Each pound translates to approximately 500 mL of space, or an area about 6" x 6" x 1" deep. (So, for a ten gallon tank, 10 x 20, you would have 200 square inches, divided by 36, equals 5-6 pounds for every inch of depth you want, not 10!). Don't massively over order this stuff! :lol: If you need help estimating how much you need, send me an e-mail!

The Brightwell Planted Fertilisers are second to none, and use food grade chemicals. You get higher concentrations and better ions than other ferts.

And, if you're worried about chloramines, Erase-CL will help to neutralise those. It's available in an easy to use liquid, or an economical (read, cheaper!) powder form. I use the powder myself, but I go through a lot of dechlor! If you've only got chlorine, and want something that doesn't stink like other dechlorinators, try out Fraction-Strong, the low odour alternative.

The place Brightwell really shines, though, is with easy to recharge filter medias. Purit is a high quality resin that removes, well, basically everything you want to be removed. It removes organics, nitrates, heavy metals, everything. Unlike some media which needs to be recharged in nasty bleach solutions, it recharges with salt. And, unlike that media that you get a dozen recharges from... you get hundreds of reuses. Several other specific resins are also available.

Lastly, be sure to check out the Continuum Scrapers. These are the original high impact scrapers -- you gotta work to break them. They're not the cheap plastic ones you'll find that have flooded the market in the past few years. Outfitted with interchangeable scraper heads, you can use this to get all the tough algae off of your tank. The handles are ergonomical. They're fantastic scrapers, and the ones I use myself professionally. They're even the ones used by most public aquaria. Get them. :)

The entire pricelist can be found by clicking on http://www.batfishaquatics.com/docs/Batfish_Brightwell.xls Download the excel form, fill it in, and e-mail to BatfishAquatics@gmail.com (or just e-mail your order, whichever is easier for you). Please be sure to include your name. Orders must be received by no later than 21 April 2015, and product will be available for pick up at the May Meeting (or sooner, by arrangement). We can also ship flat rate, which is really quite cheap for this stuff.

JLW

CCA Members
Hey folks, this is the LAST CALL on the Brightwell stuff if you want delivery at PVAS or CCA. I need the orders by WEDNESDAY morning.

chriscoli

Administrator
Hmmmm okay okay. I want more of that awesome filter media I got to try (the Xport stuff). I'll be sending you an order soon!