• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Aqueon OptiBright

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I recently bought an Aqueon OptiBright light. So far I really like it. Its a lot brighter than the other ones they have out and looks great on my Chilumba. They also have an OptiBright plus that you can program and has remotes but I think those may be out of my price range. LOL
I am watching for them to show up on someone's price list. I am replacing my other lights slowly as they go up. Will take me a while though as I need like 25 48inchers and then some smaller ones.

[YT]GfgnE1tHkak[/YT]

mchambers

Former CCA member
I have a 48" Optibright I picked up when I bought a used tank and stand. It's a nice light, although I doubt it would work for many plants (I have it on a tank with another light, one designed for planted tanks).

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I have a 48" Optibright I picked up when I bought a used tank and stand. It's a nice light, although I doubt it would work for many plants (I have it on a tank with another light, one designed for planted tanks).

Yeah, I'm not worried about any plant life. LOL Just being able to see the fish. Most of the DIY units I have seen are not bright enough for my dark tanks. Or future dark tanks.