• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

New Aquatop Titanium Heaters

Hawkman2000

Members
I watched the video about the dead sting rays. Ouch, really sucks. The one I got was manufactured late last year so I think it should be OK, hopefully.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Here's what Cobalt told me today:

We’re very sorry you’ve had a second problem with our heaters – I’m sure this is distressing.

As you are probably aware, we stopped manufacture of the 200 watt heaters for about a year while we tracked down the causes of the cracking and leaking incidents – we found that there were two faults, both rare, that had to occur together to make a heater crack, and we fixed both of them before we restarted production. At the time, no smaller heaters had ever cracked, but out of an abundance of caution, we made the same changes to all heater sizes. This included a new, more heat resistant resin inside, and an extra quality control step added on the assembly line.

In the past six months, we have seen a very few (4, to be precise, counting yours) older small heaters crack. Out of tens of thousands sold, it’s not an alarming number, but when it is your heater, that’s a 100% failure rate as far as you’re concerned, so we do take every incidence seriously.
In about 2 weeks we’ll be receiving our first batch of our new 300 watt tandem heaters (two 150w heating bodies with a 4 foot cord between them and a single controller). These are, of course, made with the new resin and revised manufacturing process to prevent any possibility of cracking or leaking. I’d like to send you one of these when they arrive, along with some gifts to help compensate you for your livestock loss.

Leffler817

CCA Members
It's nice of them to send you their newest creation. That combo deal sounds interesting, wonder how well it would hold up?

Tangcollector

Staff member
I bought a controller at one of our auctions and have it working with a jager that I could not get to stay on one temp. The controller works great and has the same technology to prevent overheating. and it is outside the tank so you don't have to worry about the meltdown. But they are pricey for the controller.