• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

1st try with GoPro in-tank

YSS

Members
Nice fish in your tank. I've always wanted to set up a tank like that. Congrats!

JLW

CCA Members
Aren't you supposed to attach it to a fish, so we can see it from the fish's view?
61E0vQPuE2L._SX450_.jpg

@JLW YES!

The Cyp. Kitumba group started spawning in December. Hoping the Xeno. spilopterus will too.

I am thinking that Ill have to bury the camera a bit... or leave it in all of the time for them to be accustomed to it. Kitumba look ridiculously good defending their territories, but they are camera shy. There may be some technique to learn with this, but it will be cool to see what is possible.

I can image this being full of possibility with the big New World cichlids too...

AquaStudent

Members
Great video! I tried out my gopro the other day and it really gives a nice perspective. Lovely fish you have there too! They must be happy! They're breeding!

Your shots with the oscar and the dempsey are cool.

Seeing the large CA/SA's from inside the glass box makes them feel a little more like predators.

I can only imagine how intense shots would be in an umbee tank. I was thinking about this at the Jan 10 meeting... especially to get shots with parents and fry.

In the meantime I look forward to document Tanganyikan shell dweller behavior and open-water cyp spawning in the future. I seem to keep prey more often than I do predators.