• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Nat geo products

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Anyone ever use them...have info on them...just got a used 300w heater for $20 it's huge, I mean like,really long. It's just about fits in the 125!!!!!!
LOL
It seems to work well I have had it in the 125 with a titanium heater (might need to upgrade that one soon) but the tank stays around 80. At night it drops maybe a degree but that's bc the lights on the tank are off...

So far so good, so any advice, knowledge, or reviews of their product would love to hear what you guys and gals have to say...are they good? are they bad? You don't care... Lol

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I haven't heard much about them but saw them all over the shelves in PetSmart last time I was there. I assumed that one of the manufacturers just licensed the name for marketing and they are already products on the market, but not sure.

this is a very generic answer overall but I am very particular about heaters especially used once. this is one piece of hardware that if it fails the overall outcome could be devastating on your tank. i have not used this particular brand before so i cant speak to it specifically but again be careful with regards to used heaters. just my 2cents worth...

Becca

Members
this is a very generic answer overall but I am very particular about heaters especially used once. this is one piece of hardware that if it fails the overall outcome could be devastating on your tank. i have not used this particular brand before so i cant speak to it specifically but again be careful with regards to used heaters. just my 2cents worth...

Agreed. I am very picky about what brand I'll buy, new or used.

mchambers

Former CCA member
The Nat Geo products are clearly private labeled products from well known manufacturers. The filters are Eheim Eccos, with different colors. Don't know who makes the heater, but I bet somewhere on the Net someone has figured this out.

spazmattik

Members
I know they stopped carrying alot of fluval products to clear space for the nat geo stuff.. thats how i got aome nice heaters on clearance that were cheaper than kensfish ;) i need to give my cousin a call an see of i can get some freebies cause he works for nat geo. Lol

Nat. Geo. is a new Petsmart private label brand. Most of it is direct sourced from China. Some of the products are very similar to brand name products that are/were on the market (because those products were also sourced from China originally).

Petsmart is making a big push into private labeling their product assortment. You will be seeing less and less branded products in Petsmart from the major manufacturers.

Localzoo

Board of Directors
(Found article not mine)
Doesn't go into much detail, but it is really cool that their products are being made by some reputable companies

didn't take pics (forgot until I saw Andy and Matt's posts) pulled this one of their site.

National Geographic Aquarium products now available at Petsmart
Posted April 23, 2014 8:48am UTC by Jake Adams
National Geographic Aquarium products are real and they are already on the shelves of the local Petsmart. NatGeo is well known for its magazine and endeavors of exploration all over the world so you can imagine our surprise when we saw National Geographic’s name on aquarium filters and filter pads during a random walkthrough of the national pet store chain.

The first National Geographic aquarium products we saw were these replaceable canister filter pads and a little further down we saw NatGeo’s name on what appears to be Eheim’s Ecco line of canister filters. A quick survey of the aquatics section revealed that a whole array of aquarium products are being sold with the National Geographic brand including sand and substrate, fish food, a power filter and even an LED light!

Of course National Geographic isn’t actually making any of these products, it’s easy to tell who’s products are being private labelled, and the branding even extends into the reptile and small animal products. We are still surprised that the higher-ups at National Geographic agreed to license their name for the branding of a Petsmart exclusive line of aquarium and animal products because you’d think they have their hands full “exploring†all over the world.

This is where National Geographic’s nonprofit status comes in as it is using this opportunity with Petsmart to do some good. National Geographic’s net proceeds will support the conservation of animals and their habitats. Pets play an important role in inspiring people to learn about animals and their natural environments,†said Terry Garcia, executive vice president of National Geographic Mission Programs and president of Licensing. The statement above is precisely what we aquarists try to communicate when our hobby and lifestyle is under fire so it’s really nice to see National Geographic sees the keeping of pets in the same light as we do.

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1405084926.950392.jpg

Rasta Fish

Members
its BIG business these days
BIG company like MARS the candy company that make M&M's, Snickers to Orbit gum
also own API, RENA, PONDCARE and AQUARIAN products