• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Convict and Honduras red point fry?

Jigg's

Members
Hello early this morning I was admiring my 55gal and see my male pink convict on the back of the tank with wild caught female (Honduras red point). It all started when I got the red points and put them in the tank. Cause at first he had a lil female pink convict that he has been dating for months and all the sudden he dumped her for a female red point? Now I was just wondering is this common or does this mean its a new type of species like what would you call it? I really freaked out when I saw the fry I had to quadruple check lo. What will it look like ?

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Nice! Congrats Jimmy. :happy0144:

Now you just gotta get them discus to breed. ;)

Jigg's

Members
Also my honduran red point is wild but instead of the one that looks like a convict its white it looks like the pink convict but white? So the babys have more of a chance being pink our white right?

minifoot77

Members
i think the white is recessive so if you have a regular colored one you don't have much of a chance to get pink ones...