• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Sponsors

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Ladies and Gentlemen. With the announced closing of Scales TFW you have been delt a lesson on the reason I always stress that you should always support the companies that support us.

In these trying times we have to build strong bonds with both the Manufacturers and the Local Fish Stores.

Remember to check the Sponsors link on the portal from time to time to see what companies help sponsor YOUR club and hobby.

I try to keep this section up to date.

I keep in contact with the manufacturers and Itrepeter2000 and Dogofwar are our local contacts for stores.

Sonny Disposition

Well said, Pat. Just to add to what Pat said: supporting your local fish store means buying things from your local fish store, even if you could get them more cheaply from one of the chains. Local stores don't have the economies of scale that Wal Mart and the big box pet stores have. If you appreciate fish that are well cared for, and a knowledgeable, honest dealer, you need to support those things by paying slightly higher prices. Support your local fish store, and maybe we can stop this from happening again to your store.

Ladies and Gentlemen. With the announced closing of Scales TFW you have been delt a lesson on the reason I always stress that you should always support the companies that support us.

In these trying times we have to build strong bonds with both the Manufacturers and the Local Fish Stores.

Remember to check the Sponsors link on the portal from time to time to see what companies help sponsor YOUR club and hobby.

I try to keep this section up to date.

I keep in contact with the manufacturers and Itrepeter2000 and Dogofwar are our local contacts for stores.

If you come across a contact you think would be a good sponsor to the club, please send the information to myself, Matt (dogofwar) or Pat so that we can communicate with the person or organization to determine what kind of relationship we can establish with them and the club.

Thanks
Rob

mrkillie

Members
How about "That Fish Place". I'm sure a lot of CCA folks shop there art least occasionally.

Joel

If you come across a contact you think would be a good sponsor to the club, please send the information to myself, Matt (dogofwar) or Pat so that we can communicate with the person or organization to determine what kind of relationship we can establish with them and the club.

Thanks
Rob

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Please PM the names of the stores to one of the names above.
I don't want to get into specifics about talks with certain stores in public.

Yes I have been in contact with That Fish Place a few times in the last couple years.

Lively

Members
I would support my local lfs - if I had one. I did when we had a salt place in Leesburg - there was a time when we had two - now we have none. When I lived in Chesterfield, I almost allways went to a small lfs. Aside from the fact it was closer than the nearest Petco - I liked the people there.

I talked to the clerk at PetCo Friday about people keeping fish in my area and found out that beyond keeping the average kind of fish tank - there aren't many serious fish people around here.

You might be suprised. I am thinking there are a few of the PVAS members out your way that are pretty serious. There are at least three members of GWAPA in Loudoun county although the ones I know of are all in the eastern half. I also think that there is not much interaction amongst people in Loudoun since there are not alot of good LFS so there are probably alot more people that none of us know about. If they are really serious into fish, I doubt they stop at Petco very often either.

Lively

Members
I should look up the shop that is in Middleburg, I think it is the closest to me. I'd just a soon be part of a solution instead of adding to the problem!