• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Need help and opinions on stocking a 55 gallon

D.Vang315

Members
I recently got a new 55, which will be running by next week, hopefully, and it won't be stocked for 1-2 weeks to cycle the tank so I have a bit of time to figure out what I want to stock it with but I need opinions and such. I want a pair of Green Terrors(they'd be by themselves) but researching online and on other forums, they need a 75 and up. Opinions? If they won't work how about a pair of Jack Dempseys which will also be housed by themselves? I read that they would do fine in a 55 but I want more opinions on that. The last cichlid I'd like to keep as a pair is the Salvini Cichlid, I haven't researched much about them so I also need opinions on that. To clear anything up, I am not going to get all these cichlids together and throw them into my 55, I'd just be getting one pair of whichever species works for my 55. If none of them work, I think I'll just do a South American biotope

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Yah, all of those fish would be fine (not together of course)
The green terrors might be a little tight but it should work out