• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Hello

Convict kid

Members
Nice forum you guys got going on here. Anyway, I have 2 40 breeders and a 20 long. I have a male convict in 1 of my 40s, and a female in my 20. A few days ago, I adopted a Jack Dempsey juvenile from Craigslist. I usually stay away from fish that will outgrow my breeder tank, but he was free! The person had him in a little 5 gallon.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Welcome to the forum. I'm a big fan of convicts and other centrals that you can keep in moderate sized tanks. I've currently got 6 different wild type cons along with some other cryptoheros.

Where are you from in PA?

turfboss

Members
Welcome to the forum - I too started with convicts - now have more than I know what to do with :) - they are prolific little guys - but a great fish to get started with. What are you looking to do going forward - display tanks or breeding and raising?? You eill find all the help you will ever need right here on this forum. Again Welcome!!!

Convict kid

Members
Welcome to the forum - I too started with convicts - now have more than I know what to do with :) - they are prolific little guys - but a great fish to get started with. What are you looking to do going forward - display tanks or breeding and raising?? You eill find all the help you will ever need right here on this forum. Again Welcome!!!

Yea convicts are some horny fish! I've bred my convicts 6 or 7 times already, I have them in separate tanks right now. I basically just have fish because they are great pets and very easy to care for. But going on forums like this one has gotten to me; I went a bit overboard on tanks. I don't think I'll ever breed them again, unless I get convict fever again!

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Welcome to the forum. I'm not the convict nut that Jon or Matt are, but have kept C. cutteri before and just picked up some C. panamensis at the ACA. Looking forward to them putting on some size and doing their thing. :)

Convict kid

Members
Welcome to the forum. I'm not the convict nut that Jon or Matt are, but have kept C. cutteri before and just picked up some C. panamensis at the ACA. Looking forward to them putting on some size and doing their thing. :)

Thanks Tony. I do not know much about cutteri, I have just heard they are really aggressive, especially when breeding.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I'd put cutteri on par with convicts when it comes to breeding aggression. Others have had success with breeding cutteri in community situations, but not me. Both are great fish to keep.