• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FS: Trophs and Altos

Troyale

Members
F1 Tropheus Red Rainbow Kantalamba 1-1.5" @ $10 ea.
F1 Tropheus Nkonde 1-1.5+" @$10 ea.
4 Altolamprologus Comp Fire Fin (German bred) 3" - $90
4 Altolamprologus Comp Fire Fin 1.5" - $45
2 Altolamprologus Comp Chaitika White 2.75 - $45

Fish are for pick up or possible meet up. If interested, please send me a pm or email troyda@hotmail.com .

Troy

rich_one

Members
Anyone near Baltimore willing and able to pickup a few fish from Troy and bring them to the meeting for me? Happy to return the favor somehow. Thanks in advance, if anyone.

-Rich

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Anyone near Baltimore willing and able to pickup a few fish from Troy and bring them to the meeting for me? Happy to return the favor somehow. Thanks in advance, if anyone.

-Rich

I could probably do that, Troy lives pretty close to me. PM me details and I'll touch base with Troy and see if I can make it work.

Troyale

Members
Hey Rich, you are a resourceful guy, i like that. Thanks for your effort and thanks Mike for being so generous.

All alto fire fin are spoken for. Thanks Rich and Shawn!

Trophs are still available.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Mike - If you've never been to Troy's house, prepare to have socks blown clear off. He is a real-deal dark-sided Tang master! His fish and setups are ridiculous.

Troyale

Members
Are the whites calvus or comps? Any idea on sex?

Mike, sorry they are calvus, i noticed that and meant to correct it. I think they are both males. They both occupy opposite sides of the tank. What i think were females both jumped into the hob filter somehow.

Mike - If you've never been to Troy's house, prepare to have socks blown clear off. He is a real-deal dark-sided Tang master! His fish and setups are ridiculous.

Lol, I wouldn't go that far, but thanks for the kind words Tony. Hope all is well.

Last edited:

YSS

Members
Wow! That's a real nice looking tank and awesome fish! Great job, Troy! Got bored and just moved my africans from the 90G to 265G. So I do have some room to add more fish. Very tempting.

Troyale

Members
Bump

These are still available: 34 red rainbows

Also have about 30 pushing in the 1" range. $9 each with local pickup

guarddog5

CCA Members
Troy,

I must say that is a beautiful setup! Now here are a couple of questions, what are you feeding them because I see Altos in with the background, and how often do you feed? Second what are you using for filtration?

Thanks,

Jim

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Troyale

Members
Troy,

I must say that is a beautiful setup! Now here are a couple of questions, what are you feeding them because I see Altos in with the background, and how often do you feed? Second what are you using for filtration?

Thanks,

Jim

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Hey Jim,

Thanks for the compliment. I feed a mix of kens flakes. Veggie flake mixed with seafood flake and spirulina flake mix with plankton flake, with spirulina and veggie being the bulk of each respective mix. I feed twice daily around 7am and 7 pm. Every Thursday i skip the morning feed and feed frozen mysis shrimp in the evening. Occasionally i feed frozen daphnia as a treat also, but the larger altos usually dont eat any of the daphnia considering the small size of it. The Altos breed with no problem, when the male isnt hyper aggressive. I am running two fx 5's as filtration. Tank is a 7 foot 220g from glass cages.

Troy

guarddog5

CCA Members
The tropheus are very tempting, thinking seriously about them, I was going to put a different mixture of tangs in my 125, now I need to revisit the idea...

Jim

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app