• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

My first 55gal African tank

tbrazil23

Members
This is my first attempt at a cichlid tank, all comments and criticism is appreciated.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1352672318240.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1352672340690.jpg

Your rock work looks good. You might seeing if you can get at least a few pieces up a bit higher in the tank if you have mbuna. If you have haps or peacocks, then leaving the open space is fine. (I can't tell from the photo from the stock is.)

I would definitely pull all the fake plants in the foreground -- they look VERY fake. You can break up the front with a few scattered rocks.

WendyFish

Members
The rock looks good to me, seems to have a good number of cavelike niches in it.

Agree with Holly on the plants, though one other thing you might do in any case, whether you keep the ones in the foreground or not, is just to space them less evenly. The distances between the foreground and background ones are very orderly, might want to clump or stagger them for a more naturalistic look. You could wedge some of the foreground ones in between the rocks, too, as that's a common solution for keeping real plants with Africans given their digging habits.