• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

More Involvement

SRAquatics

CCA Member
Hey guys id really like to become more involved with planning our meetings and other happenings with the club. Whether it is bringing food, organizing something, or whatever it may be. I just want to serve the community and club that has already done so much for me in such a short period of time! Who would I talk to and are there any positions or needs that the club currently has that I can attend to for our next meeting?

dogofwar

CCA Members
Excellent!

Club elections are coming up in October for the CCA Board - always looking for folks to participate! http://www.capitalcichlids.org/?pageid=bylaws

Jon Clark and Christine Keys (President and VP) would know best where the club could use some assistance.

That said, there are bunches of ways folks can help the club without a formal position. Some off the top of my head:

1) Let your fish friends know about the club and get them to a meeting and on the forum - that's how the club grows and gets new members
2) Keep your membership current
3) Participate in meetings
4) Bring a dish, bag of chips, cookies, bottle of soda, whatever to meetings
5) Participate in BAP and picture of the month
6) Post on the forum about your experiences and help others
7) Sell (and donate) in the club auctions
8) Run bags and otherwise help during the club auction
9) Come to the club summer BBQ and Holiday Party
10) Tell your local fish store about the club (and post a flyer at it). Give info about the club to fellow LFS shoppers
11) Tell club sponsors that you appreciate their support of CCA. Ask those who you support but aren't sponsors if they know about the club
12) Share a mature sponge filter with a club member
13) Help a club member move a tank
14) Suggest a speaker or topic
15) Volunteer to present at one of our meetings in which club members give mini-presentations
16) Help with a club group buy
17) Help set up (and clean up) the AV, tables and chairs at meetings
18) Volunteer to help at the next The Big Fish Deal

Who has other ideas :)?

Matt

SRAquatics

CCA Member
Wow! There's certainly a lot of ways there lol. I'm definetly open to doing any of these things. I'm sure there are more qualified individuals for the board but ill put my name in the pot and give it a go. I'm trying to become more active in the forums these days as I've never really had such a place to do so. Its nice to know I'm not the only crazy fish guy around. Id love to give a presentation sometime as well. Any outlet I can get to talk about the hobby I will take. If anyone ever needs help I'm always willing as well.

chriscoli

Administrator
Like Matt said, we always need help and would love an extra pair of hands. Although we're lucky to have Jason to help with the AV, the very nature of his job in AV is that he gets tied up with work many weekends. It's great to have someone else familiar with the setup of our gear for when he can't make it. He won't be available next meeting so I'll be setting it up....holler if you're interested in learning how.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app