• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Pump to get water out of tank

dogofwar

CCA Members
The rate limiting step for water changes for me is refilling.

I use a 1 and 1/4 siphon hose (directly into deep sink or into buckets) to drain. I can fill a 5g bucket in <30 seconds.

Not sure about your hot water situation but I know that I'd be in the doghouse if I used up a bunch of hot water first thing in the AM before work / school :)

Matt

That's the goal. I'm going to put in a PVC pipe (with holes in it) over the intake of the hose to prevent any fish from being sucked in.

My goal is to be able to do a 90% WC on the system in 15 min. So, before school.

Termato

Board of Directors
This was the pump I got to fill my aquariums. It was $80 for 1638 GPH. Any reason to go for those more expensive industrial ones? I'm curious because for the price, you get a more powerful pump.

http://smile.amazon.com/EcoPlus-728330-1584-Submersible-1638GPH/dp/B0012V5VNW?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

I've had it for a month, no issues yet. Very powerful pump and it's been working really well. It can pump all the way up to the second floor.

They have a 2166 GPH one for $113.52 and a 3170 GPH one for $150. Most of the reviews have been really good about it but there are a few of them where people have experienced malfunctions. It seems pretty reliable so far though.

Any reason any of you wouldn't get these? I'm curious. The Attachments?

Forester

Members
Not sure about your hot water situation but I know that I'd be in the doghouse if I used up a bunch of hot water first thing in the AM before work / school :)

Matt

I leave for school over 1.5 hours earlier than my parents do that's not an issue.

Forester

Members
This was the pump I got to fill my aquariums. It was $80 for 1638 GPH. Any reason to go for those more expensive industrial ones? I'm curious because for the price, you get a more powerful pump.

http://smile.amazon.com/EcoPlus-728330-1584-Submersible-1638GPH/dp/B0012V5VNW?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

I've had it for a month, no issues yet. Very powerful pump and it's been working really well. It can pump all the way up to the second floor.

They have a 2166 GPH one for $113.52 and a 3170 GPH one for $150. Most of the reviews have been really good about it but there are a few of them where people have experienced malfunctions. It seems pretty reliable so far though.

Any reason any of you wouldn't get these? I'm curious. The Attachments?

Does it require priming? That's one thing the industrial have, self-priming.

Termato

Board of Directors
Does it require priming? That's one thing the industrial have, self-priming.

I haven't had to prime mine because I've been running it submerged and it just kicks in without issue. That's a good question. I'm not sure.