• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Greetings from Arlington

zendog

Hi All,

I've had an on again off again fish tank habit that appears to be gearing up to be on again, again.

I had a bunch of fish when I was young (mostly oddballs like gar, arawanas, elephant noses, many catfish including an electric cat, etc.). Then took time off for most of college, bred Neolamprologus Cylindricus and Lelupi in my mid twenties, moved around a bit, then came back to it in my late 30s with a range of community fish in a 20 long and 30 long. I gave away the tanks a few years ago when we did some work on the house. A few years ago, when the big projects with the house were done, I put in a pond and have been enjoying that and now my oldest daughter has gotten the fish bug and we've got her going with some pygmy cory cats, neons and a pair of Apistogramma's in a planted 20 long.

We got the pair of Apistos at the PVAS auction last weekend (what a hoot!) and they seem to be paired up and are showing more color and the female looks a little swollen in the abdomen so we'll see what happens. Now I think I'll need to set up my own tank as well as soon as I get a few of the last house projects buttoned up. I'm thinking of a 55, but I might want to set up something smaller in my office and get a few Nanochromis or something else tiny. I'm also intrigued by some of the pygmy sunfish since I like the idea of trying some natives.

I've been enjoying reading the posts here and I'm sure we'll have questions as we see how the new fish settle in.

I was thinking of going to the CCA meeting tomorrow, but couldn't really figure out how one actually joins or have I already joined just by signing up for the forums?

Cichlid Lips

Members
You can go to the meeting and join the club there if you like. There is a small fee to become an official member, but for now you are a board member which allows you to participate in a lot of areas of the forum. There are also hidden area's that once you become a full member will be able to see.

Welcome to the forums!