• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Hello

ann0087

Members
New member, but I've been reading the forums for a while. My husband and I both grew up with lots of pets and aquariums (my dad actually owned 3 pet/aquarium stores in the DC area when I was a kid) and now have 7 aquariums of our own :)

ann0087

Members
Welcome to the forum. What kinds of fish are you keeping?

Thanks! We have a betta, a mixed group of mollies and platys, Rainbowfish, Clown loaches, leopard longfin danios, gouramis, paradise fish, several plecos and lots of cichlids (not all in the same tanks though). As for cichlids, we have angelfish (koi and veil), convicts, a peacock tank, two oscars and two mixed african cichild tanks. Now that I'm thinking about it, we have more than 7 tanks...I think right now the count is actually 11. Eek.

ann0087

Members
Welcome to the forum, it sounds like you've developed a nice case of MTS (Multiple Tank Syndrome)! :)

Ah, so there's a name for it! Which means this is, if not normal, at least somewhat common, behavior....that makes me feel better :)

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Very common, for sure.

Like many, I kept fish as a kid, but got out of it during college and early adulthood. About 6 years ago, my brother was moving out of the country and asked if I wanted his 75 gallon tank. I set it up and it's been all downhill from there. I've currently got 19 tanks running (over 800 gallons worth), and I'm probably middle of the road as far as CCA members go.

Tangcollector

Staff member
Thanks! We have a betta, a mixed group of mollies and platys, Rainbowfish, Clown loaches, leopard longfin danios, gouramis, paradise fish, several plecos and lots of cichlids (not all in the same tanks though). As for cichlids, we have angelfish (koi and veil), convicts, a peacock tank, two oscars and two mixed african cichild tanks. Now that I'm thinking about it, we have more than 7 tanks...I think right now the count is actually 11. Eek.

If you actually underestimated how many tanks then you are absolutely in the right place. Welcome and hope to see you at the meetings.

ann0087

Members
If you actually underestimated how many tanks then you are absolutely in the right place. Welcome and hope to see you at the meetings.

Yeah, I totally did. And those are just the ones that are cycled and set up. I kind of maybe might have a stockpile of... 5...others in the basement.

FishEggs

Hello and welcome to the syndrome. I don't count them if they aren't set up or quarantine/hospital tanks. Makes me sound less crazy.