• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB: canister filter...

JasonC

Members
Looking for a canister filter fr a 75g I am setting up soon. Looking for something in the vein of a Eheim 2215/2217, or Fluval 406. Bonus points if it is still seeded.

PM me if you have one you are looking to move!

etu1002

Members
I would suggest you not to consider Eheim 2215. Although Eheim claims that a 2215 is good for tanks up to 92g, it didn't give me enough flow and filtration for my 60g. I had 5 semi-adult altum, 4 cory and 1 bristlenose in that 60g which was not a heavy bioload. In the end, I replaced it with a 2217.

Eric

JasonC

Members
I would suggest you not to consider Eheim 2215. Although Eheim claims that a 2215 is good for tanks up to 92g, it didn't give me enough flow and filtration for my 60g. I had 5 semi-adult altum, 4 cory and 1 bristlenose in that 60g which was not a heavy bioload. In the end, I replaced it with a 2217.

Eric

yeah... knew that Eheims posted unrealistic specs in that respect, but was casting a wide net hoping to get a bite. sounds like it may ust not be worth it to do the 2215 though.. thanks for the advice.

lol! yeah... good price.. but not looking at doing a whitewater rapids tank ;P

w1zard

Members
Dana has/had 2 Ehiem pro listed in another thread for about 50 bucks a pop I believe and both are seeded if I remember what he said correctly.