• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Planted/Dirted 29

kkober

Members
Working on a planted/dirted aquarium - here are some pics of the beginning stages.

Here it was before I emptied and decided I would start over with dirt. I was getting growth just not exponential like my buddy ErnieG has been experiencing. He has helped me through this process.
34rg7xl.jpg

1 - 1-1/4 of dirt down (organic potting mix - rinsed and sloshed to get the heavy dense stuff from the bottom of the rubbermaid)
313g8b4.jpg

Sand in - starting with the edges
fuum51.jpg

Sand in - old water in - old media in - sponge filter running. Going to do 80% water change each of the next three days.
24qsosk.jpg

I will update yall :beamup:

ErnieG

Members
Dude you killed it, very nice man. I'm very glad to see that you cap the dirt starting from the sides, that's very important I can't stress that enough. It keeps the dirt from leaking period.
I'm very happy for you bro and I can't wait to see your plants grow, I have been using cfl lights and they work well.

Last edited:

ErnieG

Members
Use big tongs when planting they kind of look like big tweezers, but they help you put the roots of your plants right down in that dirt and give you maximum growth. I can't wait until you plant it lol I'm excited like the tank is mine lmao.

kkober

Members
2akk5qf.jpg

Day 5 - Planted and got a couple angels hanging out enjoying the lush plants. Hopefully in a month of so this will be home to a couple new pairs of rams :D

kkober

Members
2ibz0hy.jpg

almost-2 month update

2 spawns from the rams within… and one currently being setter on by momma german blue

Becca

Members
Nice! I think I recognize some of those plants!

Sent from my SCH-I435 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

kkober

Members

Right after feeding time so you may see some flakes and worms floating around. It has been almost 5 months since I dirtied and planted this tank.