• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Plants

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I went by HOT this evening. They got in a large shipment of plants and changed the bulbs on the section. It looks great! I also picked up some eheim powerheads/internal filters that were priced too well to pass up!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

chriscoli

Administrator
I got some of those internal filters too. I needed something really quiet for a tank in a guest bedroom.

I'll be interested to know what you think of them.

dogofwar

CCA Members
I got some of the Eheim internal filters as well (the larger ones).

They're well made, very quiet...lots of sponge media...just not super strong. I think that they're rates as ~140 gph max. That seems optimistic.

That said, they're well worth the $15!

Matt

I got some of those internal filters too. I needed something really quiet for a tank in a guest bedroom.

I'll be interested to know what you think of them.

chriscoli

Administrator
I've got one in a 29 gal planted tank right now. The flow output is aimed so that I get some surface disturbance along the back wall of the tank without creating too many "water noises"....it being in a guest room and all. I've only had it on there for about a week so we'll see how it does.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I'm going to try using them in my 40b planted tank instead of the fluval canisters currently on the tank.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
See any good sa/ca's while you were there?

Saw some colorful gymnogeos, chocolates, and some nice angels. A guy was trading in a large amount of true Trimacs. They were about 2". He showed me picks on his phone of the parents. He said he got them from one of Conkel's distributors.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
That doesn't instill great confidence in me...

Matt

Me neither, at first. He said he did not learn about the way they are kept until later. Four generations with 50+ in each have shown no visible sign of being a hybrid. I know that is not a 100% guarantee though.