• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Riverdale Pets is moving- all fish on sale

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I stopped by Riverdale Pets today after a buddy told me they were losing their lease earlier than planned. Rich (owner) told me that all fish are 25% off and if you stop in tomorrow or Tuesday, he is happy to make deals on large quantities of fish.
The store is moving to the Greenbelt Shopping Center right off 495 and has an opening deadline of November 1st. Even though that is more than a few weeks away, Rich is in the process of moving now in hopes to be open sooner.
He does not specialize in Africans, unless you are talking about African Tiger Fish. I saw a bunch of Vieja of various sizes, Dovi, Festae, rare catfish, Chocolate Cichlids, True Parrots, Red Devils, various hybrids, calico Convicts, Atromaculatus, Oscars, Green Terrors, and NGT Dats along with many Piranha and Moon Crabs. I know there was more than this, but this is what I recall.

If you do stop by his store, tell him that Andrew who worked with Jim told you about the sale/move.

mscichlid

Founder
That sounds a little closer for me. I like going to his store. Sometimes I find rare plecos, apistos, pikes, corys and others for cheap.

appreciate checking for me, i assume your closer than they are to me, id gladly pay you for grabbing it for me and ill pick it up from you.

ask caleb, im a good guy

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Only one bichir I saw. The largest delhezi i've seen. I didn't note the price. I picked up all their ebjds. Twelve in all, bringing my collection to 25 in all.

frkyltn

Members
i got a nice red dragon flowerhorn for bout $100 less then i was seeing online..and also got a 4 inch chocolate for $10..might go back tmrrw to get a festae for my new tank

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
SOUNDS LIKE WE SHOULD TRY TO GET TOGETHER AND GO OVER THERE AND SEE WHATS THERE? ITS ONLY ABOUT 20 MINS FROM ME.

frkyltn

Members
Only one bichir I saw. The largest delhezi i've seen. I didn't note the price. I picked up all their ebjds. Twelve in all, bringing my collection to 25 in all.
damnn I was going to go today to see if they had anymore ebjds..i should have got 1 when i saw them in there!!! :mad: :cool: ohh well..on my way there now.

Last edited:
I was there this past Sat and it was pretty much cleaned out. Richard did say he planned on opening the new store in Greenbelt Plaza around 1 Nov with some very nice grand opening sales going on....

dogofwar

CCA Members
Sorry I couldn't make it. Never been to this store. Please keep us posted if you hear details about the grand opening / sale...

Is this store interested in becoming a CCA sponsor? Maybe they'd be interested in having us do an education program on cichlid keeping (Tropical Fish World - RIP - did this a few times)...

Matt

dogofwar

CCA Members
Thanks Francine!

Maybe something in conjunction with opening their new store.

It's a HUGE decision...requiring weeks...maybe months of analysis and consideration...to give members 10% off :rolleyes:

Matt

I've asked him twice already. He keeps saying he'll think about it.

frkyltn

Members
I was there yest...got 2 Tiger Oscars but not much left in there..some big dovi,big manag...argenteas..plecos,frogs..(few flowerhorns..50% off)...some texas,cple of chocolates and festaes and piranha..also met Avator..( might take u up on the words to join!)