• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

DAPHNIA AND FISH FOR SALE

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
DAPHNIA AND FISH FOR SALE
FOR SALE: Daphnia and other live food cultures plus various fish

Can deliver to the next CCA meeting Saturday June 13, 2015
All fish are home grown, tank raised.
Order in this thread, preferred, or PM me, please.

Daphnia $5 a bag
Microworm culture in a sandwich box $5
Microworm starter is free to any member, just ask for the microworm 'STARTER', that is, enough of an old culture to start an new culture.
Vinegar eel culture in a sandwich box $5, great food for rainbow fry or any really small fry after the first couple days.
Paramecium, a quart of a going culture $5 Just add a crushed leaf of lettuce to keep it going. Paramecium is a great first food for very small fry.
Instruction on how I raise the cultures above included with purchase if you also give me your email. I cannot send attachments in PMs.

Pearl Gouramis $6 a pair or $3 each you choose sexes.

Black banded sunfish $10 each or 6 for $50
KOI angelfish adults $5 each
Koi angelfish young, quarter size $4 each, these have a body size of a half-dollar coin or a bit larger.
Black lace angelfish adults $6 each
Clown angelfish adults $8 each

MICROGEOPHAGUS RAMIREZI - GERMAN BLUE RAMS $12 a pair.

Epiplaty annulatus (rocket killie or clown killie) $6 pair
Orange australe $7 pair

Corydoras schultzi black $10 each or 6 for $50.
Corydaras sterbai $8 each or 6 for $40.

ALBINO corys $5 each, 6 for $24
Corydoras panda $5 each, 6 for $24
Corydoras paleatus $5 each, 6 for $24
Brochis splendins (The emerald green catfish) $5 each, recently renamed Corydoras splendins

BN regular (variable brown) (around 2 to 3 inches) $6 each
BN spotted or albino (around 2 to 3 inches) $6 each
L144 BN medium $6 each
Also I have adult pairs of all above BN fish including L144s, let me know if you are interested and I can give you a price.

Red velvet swordtails $3 each, 6 for $15
Red wag platys $3 each, 6 for $15
Red-tailed blue variatus $4 each, 6 for $20
Half-black yellow deltatail guppies $4 each, three pairs for $21

Pseudotropheus demasoni, a CARES fish, best kept in a large group, $5 each or 12 two to three inch young, $50,
adult males $7 each, adult females $9 each

All fish are home grown, tank raised.
Order in this thread, preferred, or PM me, please.

chriscoli

Administrator
Frank, I'd like a bag of daphnia, please.

The variatus I got from you last month are doing well and are absolutely gorgeous!

jkpedrita

Members
Hi Frank,

I'd like a bag of daphnia as well. Come hell or high water I'll make it to my first meeting this Saturday.

Thanks!

lgfelic

Members
Frank,

Forgot to ask: Do you still sell grindal worm cultures? If you do, I'm definitely interested in one as well.

jkpedrita

Members
Lgfelic you read my mind-- I opened this thread to ask the same question! Frank, if you do have grindal worms, I would like a culture of those as well as the daphnia.

Thanks!

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
Grindals and clown angelfish responses.

I no longer keep grindal worms. I was raising them on soil-less medium = sponges and scrubby pads. It works but was more work than I wanted to do. I think Becca may have some grindals and Jim Long does have them but I do not have his contact info.

Here are three pictures of my clown and clown/zebra and zebra angelfish. I am sure you could tell each fish by its unique spots. The ones with extra stripes are zebras. Some fish have spots on one side and stripes on the other or combinations. The parents of these fish had spots on both sides.

zebra angel.jpg

Clown angel.jpg

Clown angel2.jpg

mchambers

Former CCA member
I have a few grindal worms, but my cultures tend to peter out in the summer as it gets warm in my basement. I'm happy to share a starter culture or two in the fall, but I don't think I'd try to start a culture right now.

xny89

Administrator
Staff member
Frank,

I'll take three of the clown angles please, preferring those with just the spots if you can. My name is Abby (male) and I'll see you at the meeting.

Thanks

Dana

Members
Frank I would like to get 2 koi angels. We are in need of males if you can do that Thanks Dana

Becca

Members
If anyone really wants grindal worm cultures I can try to start up a couple of extras - just PM me. It will probably take a couple of months to get them well established.

I have had one of Frank's soil-less cultures for nearly 2 years now. It does occasionally wax and wane, particularly if I'm gone for a weekend, but seems to keep going without much more than fish food and an occasional bit of fresh water.