• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Found 2 Tanks Today

Breezyod

Members
Okay so I was going through my shed today and I found a 20gallon long and I guess a standard 10gallon the 20gallon has a kid and light so that's a plus. Any ideas what I could should/could do with them.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Breezyod

Members
Well I obviously cleaned them out but I only have room for one atm since my parents refuse to let me put them in the other rooms. Any suggestions on what I can do with them along the lines of fish? I kinda want to try a planted but idk anything about that. What would you do with them.

ddavila06

Members
20L is a great size for a planted! A pair of apistos, a colony of cory cats and some sort of darter!~ wood, rocks, caves.. lots of ideas revolving on my head =)

Leffler817

CCA Members
IDK if I would trade a 20L for a 20H. The floor space is pretty valuable.

You can do one pair of most rock dwelling Tangs, Shellies from either lake, dwarf mbuna (<4"), dwarf new worlds like apistos, rainbows, dwarf acaras.... I'm not an expert but there are options you're limited by your imagination. ;)

A 20 long will allow for more plants and breeding areas. Plus with a 20 long, you wouldn't need a more expensive LED or T5HO light to keep the plants happy with its shorter height. I noticed that Tim is a possible young aquarist, so I have a feeling that cash is limited for a planted setup.

Just trying to help him get more bang for his buck.

Arlene

Breezyod

Members
A 20 long will allow for more plants and breeding areas. Plus with a 20 long, you wouldn't need a more expensive LED or T5HO light to keep the plants happy with its shorter height. I noticed that Tim is a possible young aquarist, so I have a feeling that cash is limited for a planted setup.

Just trying to help him get more bang for his buck.

Arlene

Yea I am currently 18 wouldn't say young just a complete noob when it comes to keeping fish, I have kept them in the past but didn't really get into it like I am now. Cash is limited at the time, but I am hoping to get a new job at a petstore right down the road from me while I am in school, that would help with my cash problem and maybe help me get stuff for my new hobby cheaper like a bigger tank then a 45 and 20.