• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

sponge filters

fweed

Members
I hear of people running extra tanks off just a sponge filter. How does that work? I want to add a couple more tanks to use as breeder but I dont really want to buy filter systems for all of them so how can I hook them up to be running off of connected air and sponge filter and how would they all connect in some way. Not sure how to hook up multiple tanks on 1 system if posible

F8LBITE

Members
You get a big air pump with splitters and run the airline into each tank. Im running a couple and they work great. You just have to pull them out and squeeze the gunk out of them and put them back in.

fweed

Members
Does anyone maybe have a photo of what that set up would be like cause I am thinking seperate heating for each tank also and is water movement a big thing or not a big concern

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Most people that have large rooms set up heat the room instead of individual tanks. Its much cheaper, consistent, and more efficient. Search "fish room pictures" on this forum and you'll find threads that show different people's setups. Water movement depends on the fish, but usually only river fish like strong current.

F8LBITE

Members
Does anyone maybe have a photo of what that set up would be like cause I am thinking seperate heating for each tank also and is water movement a big thing or not a big concern

The bubbles from the air pump will turn the water over.

Jumbie

Members
You get a big air pump with splitters and run the airline into each tank. Im running a couple and they work great. You just have to pull them out and squeeze the gunk out of them and put them back in.

Yeah this is how I have my fish room but is but I think he may be talking about a system like Scales or Hans has running. I don’t have any pictures but it’s basically multiple tanks that drain down to one wet dry area. This is where the single sponge is located and this sponge holds the bio filtration for all the tanks in the rack system. Works well but you better hope there is no deadly out brake...if there is your intersystem might get wiped out.