• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

How to prevent bloat?

daninmd

Members
Actually read around and it is "recommended to feed live foods occasionally " but mine is flourishing in my 125 on xtreme ( lone male) and holds his own against fish 2x size...

What do you think these fish are being fed at the farms where they are coming from.

On a side note you attempt to belittle or insult speaks bucts upon your confidence upon issue. Sit at your desk for 8 hrs and at your computers screen for 4 more after that , some live in the real world and not this imaginary forum and Internet expert world.
Sorry for hijacking this will be my last post on topic
FYI look up origins of the acronym before you insult it

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

not worth it man...Sam apparently has a license to be rude on this forum and belittle people with different views than him with no repercussions. he has been away since I have been on here, but I guess some things never change.

welcome back sam

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
not worth it man...Sam apparently has a license to be rude on this forum and belittle people with different views than him with no repercussions. he has been away since I have been on here, but I guess some things never change.

welcome back sam

No he doesn't. He gets no more leeway than anyone else on this forum.

blkmjk

Members
I think feeding a variety is a great way to keep your fish happy and healthy. I don't keep African cichlids but I feed my carnivorous fish, foods plant based high protein diets. Heck spriluna flakes grow fry faster than anything I've ever seen. My bigger fish get spriluna pellets along with krill, earth worm pellets, and other prey based high protein foods. Good clean water is the best way IMO to prevent bloat. Along with a good diet of quality pellets or flakes.

As far as Sam and his replies go... while I think his satire may be a bit out of place from time to time his dedication to the club along with his contributions to the club have been unmeasureable. His tolerance for misinformation and along with blatant ignorance is non existing. Keep on keeping on Sam. As it pertains to this conversation "Why be offended by a differing opinion than yours?". I think what I think, you think what you think, I could care less what you think, agree or disagree with me I don't care. No need for people to get their feelings hurt. Are we adults here or what?

Drew

dogofwar

CCA Members
Love it :)

Matt

I think feeding a variety is a great way to keep your fish happy and healthy. I don't keep African cichlids but I feed my carnivorous fish, foods plant based high protein diets. Heck spriluna flakes grow fry faster than anything I've ever seen. My bigger fish get spriluna pellets along with krill, earth worm pellets, and other prey based high protein foods. Good clean water is the best way IMO to prevent bloat. Along with a good diet of quality pellets or flakes.

As far as Sam and his replies go... while I think his satire may be a bit out of place from time to time his dedication to the club along with his contributions to the club have been unmeasureable. His tolerance for misinformation and along with blatant ignorance is non existing. Keep on keeping on Sam. As it pertains to this conversation "Why be offended by a differing opinion than yours?". I think what I think, you think what you think, I could care less what you think, agree or disagree with me I don't care. No need for people to get their feelings hurt. Are we adults here or what?

Drew

daninmd

Members

Drew

no problem with disagreement. we can all disagree, but we can be civil and not resort to name calling. that's the issue I have, not disagreeing. adults as you say, should be able to do this without all the unnecessary verbiage and put downs

JasonC

Members

Drew

+1, well said.

neut

Members
There are topics in fish keeping that are subjective, debatable and open to more than a single approach, viewpoint, or philosophy, and on which there's no reason or need to take an imperious, disdainful posture toward every other opinion-- as though my way is right and anyone who thinks, says, or does something different is an idiot. Feeding is such an area. Sure, some opinions about the subject are more (or less) informed than others, but there's no single, absolute, cosmically true and divine way to feed fish that renders any other approach as stupid and deserving contempt.

Amusing, really, the conceit of some of us in the hobby-- who are amateurs, pure and simple, not ichthyologists or nutritional scientists, though some might be more well read than others on the subject-- to think we're qualified to make grand and dogmatic declarations regarding how someone else should or should not feed their fish, or to assess someone else's intelligence or merit based on the same.

...But if some of you earthlings insist on it I'll leave you to it... :beamup: