• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

First YouTube Post!

manbern

Members
Hey all! I just posted my first YouTube video EVER, and I'm such a newb at it, so please don't ridicule me too much, lol. And it's of my new 110 gallon African Cichlid Tank with my first two purchases from Live Fish Direct! I bought two "12-pack Assorted Haps/Peacocks", and I gotta say, I LOVE what they picked out for me! There were 4 fish in particular that I can't identify. They were all labeled on the bag, but I didn't take particularly good pics of them in the bag to compare while they were in the tank, so I basically "lost track" of them, lol. The four fish in question was, Eureka Red Jake, Blue Orchid, Mloto (bag didn't say what kind, just "Mloto"), and Lwanda (again, same thing, bag just said "Lwanda"). I've already been offered different opinions like they could've been mislabled because one commenter said that one of them looks like a lemon jake, and another one looks like a hueseri. And that definitely could be the case. If you have some time, check out the video, offer your comments on the video, or even "like" and/or subscribe to help me track the progress and properly identify them! Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRdlhb7j62M&list=UUchCPeDo0zR_RqsxNMVLR3g

Those two really look like kandeense the lemon jake lookin one could be a lawanda just looked a little more slender towards a jake does it say yellow or orange lawanda?

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Black cichlids with white heads are constantly confused the kandeense, mloto, there's like 4 copadichromis ones that look almost identicle. They both look like kandeense but at that size I can see how someone could mistake them and not even realize the differnce. At some point there should be atleast a faint three spots or even two. I'd say you got two kandeense which is nice they arent the easiest fish to find its a cares fish, one of my favorites.

manbern

Members
Those two really look like kandeense the lemon jake lookin one could be a lawanda just looked a little more slender towards a jake does it say yellow or orange lawanda?

I'm definitely leaning toward the kandeense opinion! Time will tell! As far as the lwanda, the bag just had "lwanda" written in sharpie. The invoice didn't say anything. And even when I contacted Live Fish Direct, unfortunately they don't keep track of exactly what they send out when they pick out fish for these "assorted packages".

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app