• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Rachel O'Leary's New Book Sales

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Hey all,

As was mentioned in an earlier post, we all owe our very own Rachel O'Leary a very hearty congratulations on her new book:
The 101 Best Freshwater Nano Species: How to Choose & Keep Hardy, Brilliant, Fascinating Nano Fishes, Plants & Invertebrates

While Rachel has been published in several other periodicals, this work is Rachel's debut in the book arena! Co-written with friend of the club and a repeat speaker, Mark Denaro, it is currently ranked #2 on Amazon's list of Fish and Aquarium books.

51UHzp5EVXL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Description:
Freshwater nano tanks, or tanks under 20 gallons as the authors define them, have become increasingly popular over the past few years. There are hundreds of species available to aquarium keepers on a regular basis, so figuring out which ones to choose for these specialized tanks can be a daunting task. The 101 Best Freshwater Nano Species is the only field guide that helps you choose and keep fishes, plants, and invertebrates specifically for nano tanks. Written by two leading experts in the field of nano tanks, this fully illustrated guide will prepare you to keep these wonderful and fascinating animals successfully.

In talking to Rachel, she has not yet received her shipment of books from the publisher, but anticipates this happening prior to the October meeting. When that happens, we have asked her to bring copies of her book for sale and signing.

Please note that Rachel will not see any proceeds from direct sales off the Amazon website (I know... I couldn't believe it myself). So if you can wait until the next meeting, I think it would be nice to support her in the fullest by purchasing a book directly from her.

If you are interested, please indicate it on this thread so that Rachel can get an approximation on how many books to purchase from the publisher.

If you cannot make the meeting, no worries! We can still get you your copy. Media mail is very cheap (around $1.00) and she can mail you a copy if this is more convenient for you.

Over the years, Rachel has been one of the biggest supporters on the club - as a sponsor, with her time on the board and through promoting the club on her website, FB and in her travels. Please help us give back a bit by supporting Rachel.

Sincere thanks in advance,
Tony

Last edited:

Hannibal

Members
You can put me down for one! I would much rather get a signed copy direct from the Fish Pimp than get it off Amazon.

On Amazon they have list price at $18.95 and have them for sale @ $14.82

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
You can put me down for one! I would much rather get a signed copy direct from the Fish Pimp than get it off Amazon.

On Amazon they have list price at $18.95 and have them for sale @ $14.82

Thanks guys. I know that there are certain stipulations that the publisher puts on the authors regarding what they are allowed to sell them for (as Amazon and other big online retailers are the main purchasers of the books from the publishers).

I'll let Rachel weigh in.

chriscoli

Administrator
I was surprised when I learned that Rachel didn't get anything from Amazon, too! So, I held off hoping that Rachel would get some in.

I would definitely like a book from Rachel at the October meeting.

Becca

Members
I was surprised when I learned that Rachel didn't get anything from Amazon, too! So, I held off hoping that Rachel would get some in.

I would definitely like a book from Rachel at the October meeting.

Ditto.

Most of my tanks are 20 gallons or under - this book will tell me what to go nuts filling them with :D.

Even though my husband works for Amazon and we get great discounts, I will still by an autographed copy from Rachel!

Arlene

msjinkzd

invert junkie
Thanks guys! I know initially they are sending me a (small) agreed upon amount, then I can order them wholesale to have to sell. If you buy from Amazon, I will happily just sign it for you if you want. This whole experience is surreal, and I am just very glad to have gotten a book deal, and hope it leads to more, in depth book projects :)
I am still waiting to hear from my editor when I get them, as I have not even seen them in person yet, but I know people who are getting them from pre-orderign on Amazon, lol. Strange, right?

lewrosa

Members
I would like a copy. As far as I know I will be at the Oct meeting

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

golsama

Corresponding Secretary
I'm definitely in for a copy! Congrats again, Rachel!

Sent from my VS980 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

chriscoli

Administrator
In case anyone hasn't noticed, Rachel gave the CCA and Tony a nice shout-out in her book, thanks, Rachel!!

image.jpg

dogofwar

CCA Members
Got my copy at the last CCA meeting!

This book would make a great stocking-stuffer for the Holidays :)

Matt