• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Soaking Food in Garlic

jmessineo1

Members
I've read that it is good for your cichlids to have some garlic as it helps with their immune system. Does any soak food if so, what product, and what are your SOPs?

The New Life Spectrum Thera A pellet formular contains garlic as an ingredient, and claimed to be anti parasitic. I am not sure if there is any scientific proof of the claim.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Garlic

The New Life Spectrum Thera A pellet formular contains garlic as an ingredient, and claimed to be anti parasitic. I am not sure if there is any scientific proof of the claim.

+1

Ken's fish has at least two types of flakes with garlic. I bet other food manufacturers do as well.

If you want to feed your fish garlic, I'd be inclined to buy food containing garlic, rather than soaking your food. Probably no harm in trying, though, although you may lose some vitamins in the food thru soaking.

Becca

Members
I like Seachem Garlic Guard. It's also an excellent thing to have around if you are mixing meds with food because it helps mask the flavor of meds.

jmessineo1

Members
i will get the therma A, my thought is I am moving my fish to the new 135 and I just thought it would be a good idea with the stress.