• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Rehoming fish

hotwingz

Members
So i hablve a fish that i need to rehome. Id rather not go the way of craigslist, but. What i would like to know is is there any chance or what is your success rate at possible trades with lfs that are maybe more of a mom and pop.

Sent from my PG86100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

rich_one

Members
So i hablve a fish that i need to rehome. Id rather not go the way of craigslist, but. What i would like to know is is there any chance or what is your success rate at possible trades with lfs that are maybe more of a mom and pop.

Man, I appreciate your questions. Really do. But this one? It's black and white, man. Either your LFS is interested in your fish, or it ain't. This is not really and "odds" game. Its policy, and value. Your LFS either has a trade policy, or it doesn't. Then... it's either interested in your specific fish, or it ain't.

Obviously, Petco, Petsmart, Walmart and other "corporate" fish stores will lead you nowhere. Your best shot is the old school "mom & pop" shops.

Good luck!

-Rich

hotwingz

Members
Ya i know the corperate stores wont give me nothing. But theres a guy not to far from here that just opened up and hes doing all cichlids tetras and plecos its pretty cool! And he seems like the guy you can deal around. But he doesnt have any more of what i have so idk. I lts a jewel about 3" and im having agression issues with my other jewel so. Bye bye fishy!

hotwingz

Members
I guess i was just wondering what kind of luck everyone has had with it. But i figured it was a crap shoot.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Holly,

That's a generous offer, but hotwingz in another thread said he lives in Florida, so it would involve quite a drive. But Florida is nice this time of year.

Matt

hotwingz

Members
Haha ya im down in naples its just south of ft meyers! And its about 75 everyday right now and beautiful!!! I would rather trade it to someone on here that i know would properly care for it but. Like he said a long drive! Lol

Montbard

Members
Go talk to the guy and see what he has to say. What do you lose?
Just remember he is in business to make a profit, so keep that in mind.
Even if he doesn't have any fish you're looking for, you could still look at dry goods. One approach you could make is looking at a discount or certain amount off the sticker price for the trade.

hotwingz

Members
Right i know i wouldnt get full sticker. But if i could get something for a trade vs nothing for my fish it would enough for me.

Montbard

Members
Just to be clear, when I was talking about the sticker price, I was referring to the cost of dry goods you might be buying. For example, if a large jar of fish food you were planning on buying was $25, see if they would go with $20 and your fish you need to trade. Of course that implies your fish would be worth $5 to the LFS, but you get the idea.

hotwingz

Members
Right right, ya i know how that all works ha. I just would rather get something then nothing!