• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Fish tank tracking software

Reed

Very Fishe
Any recommendations on software to track your tank and cichlids. Interested in Android software. Are there any good sites to track?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Parrot25

what exactly are you trying to do?

I use Google Docs. Spreadsheet to keep track of water change dates and water parameters. That is one option it is simple free and you can access it from everywhere. if you are planning to manually enter all of the data that is the best way to do it. I also use Google calendar to set reminders for myself to do water changes so that I do not miss them.

chris_todd

Members
Look at a WordPress-based blog

I use "Private posts" on my WordPress-based blog to keep track of water changes and other fishy stuff (as well as watering and fertilization regimens for my orchids and carnivorous plants).

There's a mobile WordPress app for Android, iPhone, BlackBerry, etc., so I write the blog entry while I'm doing the water change or whatever. Takes maybe two minutes. Easy peesy lemon squeezie.

I use categories for each tank, as well as for each fish and aquatic plant species (I'm one of those GWAPA geeks), so I can fairly easily pull up a history of tank maintenance, fish breeding, or answer questions like "Where did I plant that Cryptocoryne balansae I got at the GWAPA meeting last month?" That kind of thing. Works for me, anyway.

marge618

CCA member
I use "Private posts" on my WordPress-based blog to keep track of water changes and other fishy stuff (as well as watering and fertilization regimens for my orchids and carnivorous plants).

There's a mobile WordPress app for Android, iPhone, BlackBerry, etc., so I write the blog entry while I'm doing the water change or whatever. Takes maybe two minutes. Easy peesy lemon squeezie.

I use categories for each tank, as well as for each fish and aquatic plant species (I'm one of those GWAPA geeks), so I can fairly easily pull up a history of tank maintenance, fish breeding, or answer questions like "Where did I plant that Cryptocoryne balansae I got at the GWAPA meeting last month?" That kind of thing. Works for me, anyway.

I just use a speadsheet on my computer.

Do have a DROID so will be interested in what you find out about Android software and tracking your tank and cichlids from others in the club. (I plan to try Chris' method shown above. Sounds like it works better than mine.)

Shane

Members
I have a big dry erase board in my fishroom. Before I got this I just wrote on the tanks with dry erase markers. Old school.
-Shane

Reed

Very Fishe
Thanks. Have not found anything for android. Using Google Docs spreadsheet sounds like a good idea

Yeah I like my tanks so much I bought a webcam so I can look at my fish from anywhere in the house. Its nice also because its infra red.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

couper

Members
There is an app called Aqua tracker for iPad that keeps good track of the essentials. you can add kh and gh easily and it will graph everything for you. pretty easy.

I like the WordPress option for android. I setup the tanks as categories like you suggested. As for action reminder, I use the 'comment' to remind me what to do. Once the item is completed, I would enter another post.