• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

So I have these fish....

londonloco

Members
I've been eyeing my 125g more closely than normal the past week, seems I have a multi that has taken up residence with a Black Calvus White Pearl. (The multi's have 1/3 of the tank, the calvus have the other 2/3's...rock/plants to break line of site). The ousted male multi (I'm assuming by his size and body shape) is living/guarding/eating from the same Tonga shell as one of the calvus's (who is 2 yrs old and about 2"). Please tell me there is NO WAY they will interbreed.

londonloco

Members
Not possible, but wouldn't a new species of striped dwarf calvus be cool?

Maybe, but not in my tank! :blush:

I'm sure my calvus are still too young to breed, but I decided to correct the situation. I took the shell out of the tank, and put it in on of my 75g's. Later last night they were both out and about investigating, I pulled the shell out, and was able to net them. The calvus went back into the 125g, the multi into a planted 20g long I have set up as a holding tank. Anyone need a male multi?

Leffler817

CCA Members
Not possible, but wouldn't a new species of striped dwarf calvus be cool?

Could you imagine a Multie with the mouth of a Calvus!?! That'd be sweet! It's reputation would rival the over-hyped Alligator Snapping Turtle! :p Put me down for some of those fry! :eek: Oh awe d@mn! NM :(

:D

toddnbecka

Members
After seeing the multi bite the crocodile on the tail and run it off in Jewel of the Rift I don't doubt that one would take on a turtle too...