• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Catfish Convention 2016 registration is open!

FishEggs

Panel discussions would not be a good idea during any meal. One little disagreement and you have a big food fight on your hands.
9k=

food fight.jpg

Last edited:

verbal

CCA Members
Anyone who registers tonight will be entered into 2 drawings for $100 in "catfish bucks" to use in raffles or auctions at the convention.

Forester

Members
Ahhhhh just missed it. I'll just register tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-N910V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
I'm going. And somehow, and fellas, believe me this is a miracle, I convinced my wife to go! She has been very interested in my tanks since I got the shellies and now she is going to CatCon with me??? I'm not going to push my luck, but this is AWESOME! I'll see you guys there for Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I'm going. And somehow, and fellas, believe me this is a miracle, I convinced my wife to go! She has been very interested in my tanks since I got the shellies and now she is going to CatCon with me??? I'm not going to push my luck, but this is AWESOME! I'll see you guys there for Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday.

Lol. My wife started going so she could be my voice of reason. Lol
She has been to 38 of the 40 conventions I have been to.
Including right now.

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
So what should I expect? Should I bring a wad of cash or do most of the vendors use paypal or credit card? Is it worth bringing my own 10 gallon set-up and python so that I can set-up and tear down easy?

Also on a much more tasty note: Endless shrimp is back at Red Lobster. Is there one close to the hotel? If so, I'd love to go and talk tropicals with others from the CCA whilst shoveling 5+ lbs of shrimp into the applesack!

chriscoli

Administrator
I'd bring both, especially during the Spree on Three....a lot of the folks are cash-only. Many of the vendors in the vendor room will take either, and PVAS is setup to take cash or credit when you check out from the Sunday auction.

Bring tubs (clean rubbermaid bins, shoeboxes, or sweaterboxes....even buckets) are handy to keep your purchases safe during the weekend in your hotel room. Bring a little air pump, drop in an airline, and do daily waterchanges while you're there. Make sure you have lids because finding an upset fish on the hotel bathroom floor sucks.

mchambers

Former CCA member
I'd definitely bring some cash. As Christine says, that's especially true for the Spree on Three. Also, sometimes at these conventions, the hotel ATMs run out of cash.

Can't help you on the Red Lobster. I don't remember a lot of restaurants nearby, however.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
There are a couple of decent restaurants within a few miles of the hotel. There was a pizza joint, a BBQ joint, a McDonalds, and a few others.

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
I'm sure my wife will find them if they are there. We are both foodies and love to eat well. I didn't register for any of the dinners in house to give myself some time to spend with her away from the fish. She likes my tanks, but not nearly as much as I do.

dogofwar

CCA Members
A Vietnamese Pho place, Thai place and Starbucks in the shopping center up the street. Pho place is great :)

Matt

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
Concur with Matt's assessment of the Vietnamese restaurant. Same shopping center also has a kebab place.

Blaise

mchambers

Former CCA member
CatfishCon is less than two weeks away! For those of you who haven't attended in the past, this is the premier event of its type nationally. PVAS has arranged for an amazing array of speakers from all over the globe. Really, the lineup of speakers is incredible.

And the Spree on Three Friday night gives you the opportunity to buy all sorts of interesting fish, from hotel rooms! If you haven't seen a hotel room full of aquariums, it's something you won't want to miss.

I understand there still are hotel rooms available, so you might want to consider getting a room for at least Friday night.

Finally, the auction on Sunday, the 16th, promises to be fantastic.

More info here:

http://catfishcon.com/

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
Less than a week away now. Register if you are not, for the talks and the discussions. I learn something or get an idea or two that make me a better fish keeper at most every talk. Hope to see you there.